Old pics of the one I wish I still had šŸ˜¢

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely stunning car, beautiful in red - a lot of us have regrets about selling decisions that we made over the years..... :(

Here is another Torino owned by a work colleague, photo taken just before last xmas at the yearly employee car show. The paint on this car is from factory, a real survivor.

torino.jpg

I sold my Boss 302 to pay for a year of university. It was one of just a handful with the deluxe (Mach 1 style) interior. With 3.91 gears it only got about 9 mpgs! Fortunately, I had my 72 convertible as my daily driver. I did several suspension mods, per the Boss 302 Chassis Modifications handbook, to lower the roll center. I used the car for car shows, club events, and SCCA events. After some time in California it ended up in Australia. I hope the current owner is enjoying it as much as I did.
69 Boss 302 in Scottsdale 1981.png

Absolutely stunning car, beautiful in red - a lot of us have regrets about selling decisions that we made over the years..... :(

Here is another Torino owned by a work colleague, photo taken just before last xmas at the yearly employee car show. The paint on this car is from factory, a real survivor.

View attachment 81375
I always liked that color with the brown lazar stripe. Mine was a 70 Cobra SCJ red on red 4 speed and fairly nicely optioned car for a drag pack. Donā€™t think I could ever duplicate that car now with todays prices.
But I have always liked Mustangs and the 71-73 kind of have always stood out to me. I remember seeing a B1 at a car show driving out and it just sounded so good. Iā€™m from Dearborn originally so having some good Ford meets was common.

Last edited:
I sold my Boss 302 to pay for a year of university. It was one of just a handful with the deluxe (Mach 1 style) interior. With 3.91 gears it only got about 9 mpgs! Fortunately, I had my 72 convertible as my daily driver. I did several suspension mods, per the Boss 302 Chassis Modifications handbook, to lower the roll center. I used the car for car shows, club events, and SCCA events. After some time in California it ended up in Australia. I hope the current owner is enjoying it as much as I did.
View attachment 81377
One of my favorites!
A guy down the street from me when I was a kid had a Calypso Corral one it was beautiful
I sold my Cobra to buy a house when we moved to TN this was during the 08-09 housing debacle

I've posted this pic before, but back in 1980, just separated, I bought this 1972 Q code Mach 1, 4 speed for 2 grand Cdn. It had only 37K miles on it. Unfortunately the engine block had been changed due to a freeze up, cracking the original. I drove it for a couple of years in summer only. I bought a second 72 Mach 1 H code for parts, but drove it as my winter beater for 4 years. I sold the Q code in 91 when my current wife and I bought a house. I only got 2500 for it as that was the best I was offered. THAT was the car I should have kept.

Attachments

• 073_073_01.JPG
    073_073_01.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 1
  • 067_067_01.JPG
    067_067_01.JPG
    450.9 KB · Views: 1
Is this for Ford only ? Iā€™ve let a few unicorns šŸ¦„ go šŸ˜¢
No I wouldnā€™t say Ford only
But sticking to Ford I almost bought a 1969 Mustang 428 SCJ around 1983 for 1500. Kick myself for that one. Guy worked at Ford and the car had NOS quarters installed and was actually pretty solid. He a Cal Yarbrough and a Dan Gurney car in the yard.
I ended up buying a 1970 Torino GT with a 429 instead and it was my first car and drove it to high school my senior year. That started the Torino affair that resulted in about 11 of them over the years. Another one I regret was a 1971 Torino cobra that was fully loaded with power windows shaker, louvers and rear defrost

Iā€™m taking about your second pic. It might be your neighbors yard but that is some impressive landscaping View attachment 81384
Ah, yes that was my next door neighbors front yard. He was verry fussy about it.
That pic was taken around 1987 when I bought a house and got the Mustang out of 5 years of storage.

My biggest regret was selling my 1975 XB GS Fairmont. I sold it in 1998 for $2000 Aussie dollars and at the time I was a little bemused that nobody here really seemed to want these old "Mad Max" cars. About two years after I sold it I noticed the prices for them suddenly started to rise, and nowadays I think it would be at the very least a $50,000 car. It had an FMX auto and a 302 Cleveland (yes a 302 Cleveland motor was a thing in Australia) which I had stroked to a 351 and it went like a rocket. I heard later that the young bloke who bought it lost his license in it a week later, after being caught doing burnouts in it.
I only sold the XB so I could upgrade to a bit of comfort in the form of a Ford NC Fairlane (an Australian luxury car), which was really stupid because I didn't actually need the money and I had space in my yard to keep it.
And over the years I would sometimes have really exciting dreams where I had managed to track the car down and buy it back, then I would wake up really disappointed - you know how much you loved a car when it keeps beckoning to you in a dream! šŸ¤Ŗ
However, being pragmatic, I love my 1972 Mustang the best out of all three (also had a '70 Mach 1), and I don't think I would have looked to buy one if I still had the XB, so from the loss there was eventually a greater gain.XB_Coupe.jpg

Last edited:
I wish i still had all my old rides. Even the base model, 4 wheel drum brake, inline 6 motor ones.

I tend to not get rid of them ever if I can help it. My brain only knows how to buy cars, not sell them.
The ones that I dont have anymore are gone cause they are wrecked or broke too bad to be worth it to fix.

Back