opinion about rear bumpers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hi guys...

I'm thinking of getting a ner rear bumper for my car, since the crome of mine was gone and the bumper was painted to mach the body colour... i did the same now, just to have it for driving legaly here, but i have to get a new one of course...

Now... NPD sales them from 98 dollars.. its soooo cheap that i wonder... is the fitting all right?... is the crome good??

I´m going into a get everything NOS way but, bumpers are to bump!!

So, what´s your opinion about this cheap replicas? (chinesse for sure)...?

I got mine from NPD a few years ago. The chrome looks good. Mine fits OK. My car has been hit in the right rear so my bumper brackets may be slightly bent. It was a big improvement over the old one. Mark

I went to the e*ay and found the premium bumper. This was prior to reproduction versions came out. Then I had to search for the various pads, and again prior to the reproductions coming out. I think I was able to piece together about 4 cars to finally get this...

MVC-124Fc.jpg

I went to the e*ay and found the premium bumper. This was prior to reproduction versions came out. Then I had to search for the various pads, and again prior to the reproductions coming out. I think I was able to piece together about 4 cars to finally get this...

It looks great too... i only know reproductions... at least, cheap ones are made of thicker metal... and that´s not great but, if there is no other choice...

We already know reproductions fits ok and looks ok too... is worth for me to keep searching to better repros?... is there another supplier who sales better ones?? Or since ebay for me is not so easy (since i am from south america and taxes are super high) is there another documentes provider who has this kind of better reproduction bumpers?

Thanks!

It looks great too... i only know reproductions... at least, cheap ones are made of thicker metal... and that´s not great but, if there is no other choice...

We already know reproductions fits ok and looks ok too... is worth for me to keep searching to better repros?... is there another supplier who sales better ones?? Or since ebay for me is not so easy (since i am from south america and taxes are super high) is there another documentes provider who has this kind of better reproduction bumpers?

Thanks!
people who want to stay original usually get an ORIGINAL piece regardless of the condition and just RECHROME them by a company. however this will cost the as getting a new repo. make your choice now! rechromed oem parts thats just as much as a new bumper or more, or buy repo and have an already good piece.

Thanks!
people who want to stay original usually get an ORIGINAL piece regardless of the condition and just RECHROME them by a company. however this will cost the as getting a new repo. make your choice now! rechromed oem parts thats just as much as a new bumper or more, or buy repo and have an already good piece.
I had never have a bumper repro in my 7 mustang ownership history... i always rechrome the ones i had... Just the rechrome process costs more than a new bumper repro here... But this is not only the problem...

Where do i buy an ORIGINAL good bumper?? i´m far far away and i just simply cant go there and see if it´s fine...

That was the porpose of this thread... where and how do you guys recomend me to buy a quality bumper which suits into my restoration process? Everyone knows i wont go for the cheapest horrible repro if that was the case... i´m not in a hurry, my car has a bumper... just not the bumper i want to have as final, cause of my will to a stock restoration...

Thanks!

Back