Original Documentation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike:

If you don't mind me jumping on this thread again.  I got the photos from the first owners second wife.  Amazingly she sent me original pictures with faded writing on the back.  The one with the owner (Randy) in the driver's seat says on the back "The day Randy got his Mach 1 June 1973".  My car was sold in June of that year.

Couple of other things - is it me or does he have very wide tires in the back and the rear jacked up?  Also, looks like he pulled a trailer at one time.

Thanks again for getting me in gear about contacting the first owner of the car.  These photos (and some others she sent are great additions to the car's history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike:

If you don't mind me jumping on this thread again.  I got the photos from the first owners second wife.  Amazingly she sent me original pictures with faded writing on the back.  The one with the owner (Randy) in the driver's seat says on the back "The day Randy got his Mach 1 June 1973".  My car was sold in June of that year.

Couple of other things - is it me or does he have very wide tires in the back and the rear jacked up?  Also, looks like he pulled a trailer at one time.

Thanks again for getting me in gear about contacting the first owner of the car.  These photos (and some others she sent are great additions to the car's history.
Yeah it definitely looks like he pulled a trailer...a little pop up camper maybe.  That was probably more the norm back then because there weren't SUV's, just pick-up trucks.  So many people pulled little campers and stuff with cars and especially cars with v8's. 

Very cool pics!  I think maybe the lower pics had larger rear tires than what originally came on the car.  The rear end still looks high even in the upper pic from 73 though but the tires are definitely different. 

Is the roof blacked out??  I didn't know that was an option if so.

Mike:

Yeah it definitely looks like he pulled a trailer...a little pop up camper maybe.  That was probably more the norm back then because there weren't SUV's, just pick-up trucks.  So many people pulled little campers and stuff with cars and especially cars with v8's. 

Very cool pics!  I think maybe the lower pics had larger rear tires than what originally came on the car.  The rear end still looks high even in the upper pic from 73 though but the tires are definitely different. 

Is the roof blacked out??  I didn't know that was an option if so.

Yup.  I think he had air shocks and the roof is a vinyl top which my car originally had.

I was inspired by this thread, so I checked out my Marti and saw that my car was sold through Fergusun Ford INC., in Fenton, Michigan (apparently, within the DSO code of Lansing, MI).  I couldn't find anything on Fergusun Ford, but found Lasco Ford at the same street address.  So, I got on their website and explained that I restored my Mach 1 and it came from Fergusun Ford, that I was collecting old pictures, advertisements, etc., from back in the day and asked if they had any of those things still.  I got a reply back, but it was just the canned reply from the website with the owner saying someone will get back with me soon, that his team will do anything for our business and to let him know if there were any questions.

Hopefully, someone will come back with something.

I'm also Facebook friends with a guy (Kerry Thompson) that works at Ford in the design department, and he actually reached out to me years ago when I was still working on the car.  I've kept him in the loop all along and he's been bragging on my car to his friends at work.  He even invited me to come up during the big Ford cruise-in they have every August (but I don't think I'll be making the trip).  I'm hitting him up to see if he's got any cool old documentation, pictures, etc., of our year models to share as well.

I was inspired by this thread, so I checked out my Marti and saw that my car was sold through Fergusun Ford INC., in Fenton, Michigan (apparently, within the DSO code of Lansing, MI).  I couldn't find anything on Fergusun Ford, but found Lasco Ford at the same street address.  So, I got on their website and explained that I restored my Mach 1 and it came from Fergusun Ford, that I was collecting old pictures, advertisements, etc., from back in the day and asked if they had any of those things still.  I got a reply back, but it was just the canned reply from the website with the owner saying someone will get back with me soon, that his team will do anything for our business and to let him know if there were any questions.

Hopefully, someone will come back with something.

I'm also Facebook friends with a guy (Kerry Thompson) that works at Ford in the design department, and he actually reached out to me years ago when I was still working on the car.  I've kept him in the loop all along and he's been bragging on my car to his friends at work.  He even invited me to come up during the big Ford cruise-in they have every August (but I don't think I'll be making the trip).  I'm hitting him up to see if he's got any cool old documentation, pictures, etc., of our year models to share as well.
I'm glad I've inspired some people!  ::thumb::

I think the history of our cars is very important and gives us so much drive and motivation during the restoration process.  Also great conversation pieces at car shows and just when talking to your car buddies.  The smallest little things we find help to create a story for our cars and what else can I say but...car stories are cool!!

:cool:

Back