Our 73 sportsroof work in progress

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang sportsroof - 351c 2v - fmx trans.
image_zps48d59978.jpegimage_zps98659036.jpegimage_zps434f54f1.jpegimage_zps00d992f3.jpegimage_zps67b0e9cb.jpegimage_zps646dec5a.jpegimage_zps34092b10.jpeg

Hello everyone, this is our 73 sportsroof that we posted the marti report on about a week ago. This car is a work in progress that we have been working on for over 3 years off and on as time and money allows. We are currently getting it ready for a paint job that will be some sort of gunmetal color in the next few months. We love driving this car and the reactions from people it creates are alot of fun:) More to come in the near future.

Thanks folks, considering this car was probably destined for the junk yard had we not saved it I'm pretty happy with it so far. We are using our favorite styling cues from the 71-73 stangs and going that direction with the car, there will be no faux badges on it though.We have done all of the work on it except the windshield like install engine, transmission, interior etc. and have decided to modernize a few things like electronic ignition, radiator overflow tank, nice stereo and such.

Rare bird that is - it has the Convenience Group! First time I can recall seeing the under-hood dash light.

Great save.

-Kurt

You guys are great, thanks for the feedback. Kurt, it came with a trunk light too. We are kind of kicking it up in high gear right now with the project to get as much done before winter sets in as we currently don't have a garage we can work in. As of recent we have replaced all of the front suspension, replaced all of the brake system components, balanced tires etc. and are getting ready to start blocking it out in anticipation of the new paint job!

Latest posts

Back