Over the Hood (Bonnet) Pictures

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny, when I was looking on google where was this castle, I found it on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_Castle,_Luxembourg

And the picture you took seems like the same on Wiki, only the clouds were gone:)

By the way, nice one.

I took a long drive today and stopped at the beautiful castle of Beaufort.

As I took upon myself the sacred duty to promote this tiny little, unknown country so that maybe one of you guys will pay me a visit one day, I decided to take a pic and share it with you.

:)

Today is me and the wife's 7 year anniversary. We came to stay in Pismo beach and brougt the Mach to also go to the big Morro Bay car show which was yesterday. Today we cruised in to San Luis and felt it was a perfect oportunity for an over the hood pic.

2dqt195.jpg

My first over the hood picture! 1971 Convertible, brought back to life after 15 years in a garage. I've been working for 6 months to get this car road worthy. We couldn't have had better weather for cruising on a Sunday. This shot is on the Pineda Causeway on our way back from the beach.

2014-05-04 15.46.16.jpg

Miss Cindy shot this "over the hood" picture of downtown Dallas from the right seat of our '72 convertible on our way home from the North Texas Mustang Club's display of members' cars at the State Fair of Texas back in late September, 2001. We're on the IH-30 overhead coming into downtown from the east.

The second shot is our car parked in the Classic Car Corrall at the Fair that day. Since it was only about three weeks after the 9/11 attacks, there was a lot of patriotism (notice Old Glory draped over the back of the car).

Cheers,

Dean

Dallas_skyline.jpg

2001StateFair.jpg

Today is me and the wife's 7 year anniversary. We came to stay in Pismo beach and brougt the Mach to also go to the big Morro Bay car show which was yesterday. Today we cruised in to San Luis and felt it was a perfect oportunity for an over the hood pic.

2dqt195.jpg
San Louis, Mexico-was there in 1990~picked up a pancho and 'Rolax' watch. A kind of drive from Daytona Beach via N. I-95 to Westbound I-10 to Earp, CA across from Lake Havisu, AZ then a fast stop across the Border~the real South of the Border. Imagine cruising over I-10 through into Louisiana 1st stop for some jambala and a gas up but held up, caught up in a hail storm~hail the size of golf balls. Then going over miles and miles of a concrete highway on stilts above the most treacherous swamp thatw seem to extend forever. Then the next stop just of the interstate into the burbs of San Antonio, TX for the best Tex-Mex food I ever had. Then after another passing mountains of @ coal that seemingly appears to run along I-10 forever or least through New Mexico to the last stop for some native American turquoise~jewelery. To arrive to the Arizona/California at Lake Havisu @ 48 hours after departing Daytona. A venture I would have more enjoyed in a 72 Q-Code Mustang convertible.

San Louis, Mexico-was there in 1990~picked up a pancho and 'Rolax' watch. A kind of drive from Daytona Beach via N. I-95 to Westbound I-10 to Earp, CA across from Lake Havisu, AZ then a fast stop across the Border~the real South of the Border. Imagine cruising over I-10 through into Louisiana 1st stop for some jambala and a gas up but held up, caught up in a hail storm~hail the size of golf balls. Then going over miles and miles of a concrete highway on stilts above the most treacherous swamp thatw seem to extend forever. Then the next stop just of the interstate into the burbs of San Antonio, TX for the best Tex-Mex food I ever had. Then after another passing mountains of @ coal that seemingly appears to run along I-10 forever or least through New Mexico to the last stop for some native American turquoise~jewelery. To arrive to the Arizona/California at Lake Havisu @ 48 hours after departing Daytona. A venture I would have more enjoyed in a 72 Q-Code Mustang convertible.
Not sure we are talking about the same San Luis Mustang Dynasty. The picture i took is in Port San Luis, California not Mexico sorry for any confusion unless you are talking about the same place as well.

Is it just me or did the fuel gauge drop when you went from 60 to 70?LOL

Great ideal of posting over the hood pics from our members.
neat shot-would look even cooler if you get the scene 'over the hood shot' w/it. Never considered if possible or need tilt steering wheel to unostruct view. Reminds me to get on the stick per se, to post myself. Also, have a cool scene will be organizing myself of the girls at this MIKES Car lot who wash the cars~get a shot of them washing mine in the middle of a sponge fight w/each other and me where the big Mikes billboard is in the background.

Not sure we are talking about the same San Luis Mustang Dynasty. The picture i took is in Port San Luis, California not Mexico sorry for any confusion unless you are talking about the same place as well.
My misunderstanding-as i drove an 87 dodge daytona down only across the border as well even back then still would not have driven anything as mustang into Mexico. Though it was a comfortable cruise w/power seat/power lumbar inflatable support/A/C/tilt wheel/leather seats/smoked glass key lock T-Tops/intercooled turbo 4 cylinder w/5 speed w/@ 8.5 seconds to 75 mph/at 55mph cruise @ 38 mpg/but still looks like an ordinary dodge daytona.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the hood of my 91 caravaning out to my club's annual picnic...and out of 35 cars there were 3 71-73's there BTW

(....but I wasn't one of them, I was one of the 4 foxbodys that was there)

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3099copy.jpg

Here's an in-car vid from the semi-annual Forest Lane Reunion Cruise last Saturday night.

[video=youtube]

Here's an in-car vid from the semi-annual Forest Lane Reunion Cruise last Saturday night.

[video=youtube]

Looks like a neat cruise and gathering. Nothing like that around here in Virginia that I know off.

Decided to take a break from working on it and take her out for some spirited driving. Pulled a hole shot and burned straight through 1st and a good bit of 2nd and then let off. Found some ole stomping grounds and got a little sideways, whew that was fun. It reminds me of why I spill blood, sweat, tears, and money into this beast.

Anyways on the way back I cruising through my childhood neighborhood.

teby9u7y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple days after getting car back from shop (1yr wait) couldn't resist the urge to drive the car... all day :)

20140620_102736__1405180987_97196.jpg

Later that night at Colt State Park- Bristol, RI

20140620_195525__1405180802_89360__1405180802_81600.jpg

And what can't you see in the pictures? My magnet= "Appreciate looking.. Not touching" After the new paint I myself am scared to touch the car haha

20140709_140337__1405181092_78654.jpg

Keena, that is stunning!

Here's a contrasting picture from the Uk on the day I collected my Mach 1 and drove her home on a cloudy, damp, miserable M25 motorway. I was smiling heavily, though!!

Back