Paint Scheme

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also thought about the idea of having all of my chrome either anodized black or powder coated black. I really like the anodized look, just soooo much more expensive, but we will see. Has anyone ever thought of painting the dash frame to match the exterior color like they did in the 65-66 stangs? I think a bright color light yellow may not look as good and goudy at the same time. However, I think my mind is set for a few shades darker than the new grabber blue. So here goes for my custom paint scheme...Dark Grabber Blue paint to include dash frame on the interior, all chrome trim and bumpers anodized black, a modified black mach 1 stripe ( probably a little thicker than the stock one and have it fade off the end), a thinner and less dominant version of the hood stripe in black, and no lower black tone on the sides of the car, black vinyl roof, tinted windows, black chrome 17" torque thrust II style wheels, front plastic spoiler, all black interior with some carbon fiber accents and white guages. I am trying to find a lower profile rear spoiler, not a huge fan of the factory one. I might try to see how well a 2006 GT500 spoiler fits the decklid. Well there it is!
I do really like the 65-66 pony interior that matched the exterior. It limits the rest of your interior colors though. I don't imagine that it would look any good having an Orange exterior, orange dash and ginger upholstery. You'd be stuck to agreeable colors like black.

I just got back from the car shows and saw a ton of nice cars. Still have no idea what I want to do extra but I can tell you that the spoiler idea is on. I will be in the next car show and I want to startle a few people.

I have been looking at the rear spoilers on the new challengers(RT and SRT8) nice lip spoiler. Will need about an inch out of the middle to fit on the 71 to 73 coupe's although. They won't overpower the rear of the car.

are you going to retrofit the 69 camaro spoiler or go with my idea and try to fit a newer style gt500 spoiler?
What does the gt500 spoiler look like?

thats a good idea, i havent even thought about those spoilers yet, but now that you mention them they would look great!
I did but I have not had time to measure them for an exact fit. I cant get the damn dodge owners to slow down enough for me to get my tape measure out. Bastards. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
are you going to retrofit the 69 camaro spoiler or go with my idea and try to fit a newer style gt500 spoiler?
What does the gt500 spoiler look like?

thats a good idea, i havent even thought about those spoilers yet, but now that you mention them they would look great!
I did but I have not had time to measure them for an exact fit. I cant get the damn dodge owners to slow down enough for me to get my tape measure out. Bastards. :D
Like this

500s.jpg

Does anyone have a paint idea that is not stock or factory like. I even like the boomerang side graphics. Just something besides that black out hood scoop thingy and the Mach 1 stuff on the side.
Mine will be a sort of mix-matched, modified set of stock options. I'll post up pictures as soon as its out of the booth which will hopefully be this week. Might spark an idea for you, who knows.

I really like the lip style spoilers, They look pretty good on our coupes i think. Im thinking about painting my car hugger orange or amc big bad orange with a white c stripes. What do you guys think? If anyone else knows of any other bright oranges that would be great.

Orange? IMHO nothing beats Lamborghini Orange.

Here's a Chevy truck of a friend of mine done in that color:

053.JPG

Darn you luxstang! You've shown me another color I wish I could have on a car!

That is a beautiful color though. Love the way it pops.

Those are both great colors, ill have to take them into consideration.

This lambo orange on this mustang looks really great.

ccrp_0612_08_1967_z+ford_mustang_gta_fastback_lamborghini_orange_pearl_silver_metallic_opal_stripes.jpg

Here´s a friend´s 71 Fastback in a color used by Ford on the Focus RS here in Europe.

I think they call it "Electric Orange".

jame.JPG

Back