parts?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsnake

Reaction score
My Car
1967,68, and 69 Cougar,
and of course the 71 I am trying to sell!

http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/woodsnake4462838/
Good morning all! I spend most of my time on mercury cougar.net, but have bought a 71 FB to flip. The car needs a trans cross member, as it had no motor/trans in it when I got it.

Will a cross member fit from earlier year cars, or does the wider 71 body style require a wider trans mount? If anybody has one for cheap, I'm in Nampa, Idaho, and will be looking to sell this car as soon as I have it running.

Thanks,

Good morning all! I spend most of my time on mercury cougar.net, but have bought a 71 FB to flip. The car needs a trans cross member, as it had no motor/trans in it when I got it.

Will a cross member fit from earlier year cars, or does the wider 71 body style require a wider trans mount? If anybody has one for cheap, I'm in Nampa, Idaho, and will be looking to sell this car as soon as I have it running.

Thanks,
There are two different styles depending on which tranny you are using

CrossMemberDiagram.jpg

The C4 cross member would be the same as the one for the four speed.

The c6 was not an option behind the 302 2V Mustangs in 1971.

Hope this helps.

BT

Where do you guys typically get parts? I know that sometimes the local parts stores only have refurbished parts, which makes me a little hesitant. However, I know that I have had good luck with ordering online. The shipping costs have been fairly reasonable, considered gas is as high as it is, I can save a lot of trips.
Let me know what you need NEW or USED

Don

direct email

[email protected]

Back