Photos of the TCP g-Link 4 Bar Rear Suspension in a 73 Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
KVppcFo.jpg
[/img]

The coil-over rear suspension parts showed up for my 73 Coupe!

This kit is for the 64-70 Mustangs but with just a few tweaks on the upper cradle it should work out pretty dang good for the 71-73...I'll shoot some video of the install and share when it's done so stay tuned!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No kidding.. I didn't seem to make sense to use their front coilovers and then slap on a set if leaf springs.

Wait, what? How did that happen? Who told you this might work? I'm outraged!!! :p

Hahaha! Get to work, Jason!
Ha thanks so much, Carl... for all the help and advice on picking what parts and saving me a bunch of $$'s by talking me into welding tabs onto my existing housing (instead of a fab9)...that alignment fixture is pretty sweet.

It's looking VERY good so far! One little thing to sort out with the pinion snubber and then it's game on!!!

These parts look so freakin' good...I can't wait to get this thing back on the ground and dial in the stance.

So this mounts to your existing 9" housing?

So this mounts to your existing 9" housing?
Yes it does! They sent me a jig that mounts to the front flange of the housing once the third member is removed and enables you to weld on the two tabs for the upper control arms in the exact location. The spacers are even the right width to keep the tabs from warping which is good for an OK welder like me.

Sweet. Now I'm really interested. Can't wait to see those pics..

Looks awesome.. Are you able to run a full exhaust?

Looks awesome.. Are you able to run a full exhaust?
The stock bends on the tailpipe will not fit but there is a gap between the coil spring and the upper mount on the housing for a 2 1/2" pipe. So far it seems worth the effort to gain this level of ride quality and performance!

Back