Picked up the new radio. [UPDATE] INSTALLED

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score, looks great and you certainly can't beat the price!

Concerning the tape dragging when first inserted, the "most likely" cause is dust or oil on your rollers resulting in the tape slipping until it gets going. Clean what ever you can with alcohol insuring what ever you use isn't dripping wet, just damp. To get all portions of the rollers you insert a tape, let it play a second, eject it, clean do it again, that rotates them eventually exposing all portions for cleaning. Don't oil or lube anything inside your 8 Track, that's for the proffessionals.

Most dirt/oil/dust comes from inserting old tapes, make sure they're "clean" and the pressure pad on them are in good shape and not dirty. If the tape is in bad shape or dirty, don't let it near your 8 Track.

A good source I've found for tapes is from the guy below. They arrive in good clean shape guaranteed to play, most with new pressure pads.

http://www.8-track-shack.com/8-track-tapes-c-225_226.html?page=10&sort=0d

Jim
thanks for the info! I actually found that site a few days ago and I'm thinking of getting some AC/DC Kiss and Aerosmith. Some upbeat music for driving around. I also notice when I push it in all of the way some of them won't play properly but if I slightly pull them out they play perfect I've only noticed that on a couple of them so I doubt its the player.

And thanks for all of the compliments guys I really appreciate it.

so now you need a 8 track recorder... because you can get blank 8 track tapes and make mixes for the car :)

you can get a 8track hifi system with record capability really cheap

Very Nice radio for a nice price, i build a 2th hidden radio in my Mach.

Extra speakers are also hidden.

I can play them both together if i want lol...

Sometimes people are realy confused "is That sound comming from That old AM radio" !?

Yep....... I realy like the look on their faces.

JB

Very Nice radio for a nice price, i build a 2th hidden radio in my Mach.

Extra speakers are also hidden.

I can play them both together if i want lol...

Sometimes people are realy confused "is That sound comming from That old AM radio" !?

Yep....... I realy like the look on their faces.

JB
Cool deal, i'd do that if somone hadn't already cut up my dash. When time come to install my radio and speakers i will be very happy. Becasue at that point I know I will be done with all the body work, mechanical work, interior restoration and I can have fun!

Back