police show up at my door

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang fastback,{mine} 74 Chevy Nova {girlfriends car}
2001 Sunfire that is falling apart haha.
So there is a knock on my door. I open it and there is a female cop there. Apparently one of my neighbors called the police because I started my mustang at around 2 pm this afternoon hahaha. Noise complaint. Ok it is loud with the series 40's on there but come on 2 pm get a life. the cop said since it was in the middle of the afternoon they couldn't do anything about it.

I would find the hours that are not "quiet hours and be sure to start their day off right in the morning and give them something to go to bed with also. But thats just me
I second that!!! LOL :D But thats just me too. Give them something to actually complain about. Like open headers.......... When I installed my motor a couple years ago i took it up the road with the hood off and with open headers. Afew laps up and down the road and a few burnouts later I was pulling into my drivewaywith a car pulling in behind me and another already sitting there!! I figured OOO NO here we go. When I got out both guys came up and asked me what i had in it and wanted to check it out. LOL One guy said one more lap past his house and he was gonna get out his 440. We sat and had a few beers and bench raced a bit and ended up making 2 good friends . Man i love my neighborhood!!

I would find the hours that are not "quiet hours and be sure to start their day off right in the morning and give them something to go to bed with also. But thats just me
I hear you hahaha Wait till I go to work at 5:45 am. I will have to talk to her husband and tell him to tell her to get a job. then she will be glad to have me as an alarm clock in the morning hahaha

and I have no problem with the husband he came over a few times to look at the car but apperently she has something up her XXX. I admit it I did start it once during a party pretty late but that only happened once and I apologized. But this lady has a problem. Lucky for me my girlfriend works in law hehehe so I already got all the ammo I need to confront them

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate, a guy around the corner came over and yelled at me, then went home and called the cops--all at 11am on a Sunday. He slammed the door in my cub scout's face at popcorn sales time, so now I make a point of harrassing him with every scout sales opportunity we can just to annoy him. Good luck with yours!

I can relate, a guy around the corner came over and yelled at me, then went home and called the cops--all at 11am on a Sunday. He slammed the door in my cub scout's face at popcorn sales time, so now I make a point of harrassing him with every scout sales opportunity we can just to annoy him. Good luck with yours!
any guy that slams the door on a cub scout has just waved a flag about his integrity.

They had nothing else to do and wanted to see a awesome car!
Yeah probably just had to see what was making all that wonderful noise
The cops were most likely fed up by the neighbor bugging them and decided that a show of them going to Eric's would solve the issue.

my inlaws are both in their late 80's and whenever we go down with the mrs on a Sunday, when we walk in I tell "mother" to put the kettle on. She says it's already on, I heard you coming in the "red rooster" a mile away!. Hehe.

Ok it is loud with the series 40's on there but come on 2 pm get a life. the cop said since it was in the middle of the afternoon they couldn't do anything about it.
Cops in your jurisdiction must be bored to actually roll on an invalid complaint. They should just have told your neighbor "over the phone" you weren't violating any laws therefore there was nothing they could do about it, have a nice day! I'd be asking the neighbor what caused him to call the police just incase there was something else at issue that needs to be worked out. If it was just your car I'd advice them to get used to it or move.

Back