popularity of 4-door cars in Australia/Europe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would be kicking yourself right now, I made the same mistake 7yrs ago, never felt the same since until I bought this one in 2010, but I did pay more than double for it!! Ouch!! I don't think I'll be making that mistake again on both cars., its not the monetary value its the passion sweat and memories... I'm married to these beauties!!

Not to throw this thread off the track, but am I the only one to have IMMEDIATELY recognized that California shooting location from The Mechanic before even considering the Custom 500?

v37ea1.286.jpg

-Kurt

Hi Kurt

That is a truely amazing bit of location spotting, I'm Speechless!

And I run a Car movie Page!!!!!

Hi KurtThat is a truely amazing bit of location spotting, I'm Speechless!

Perhaps it's less impressive when I realize that the footage was recycled for White Lightning from The Mechanic:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_132548-Ford-Custom-500-1971.html

Somehow, I forgot the Custom 500 in the middle of that snoozefest of a film.

Back to Aussie musclecars.

-Kurt

Guys, don't sweat on selling those beaut Aussie coupes....

Those who have them love our models even more...

Ours are lower, fatter, longer and fastbackier! All the reasons why we love our Aussie coupes in the first place...

Not to mention rarity or wow factor....

Yeah guys, those of us that have had XA-XC hardtops over time and sold them for near nothing are totally kicking ourselves now. I had to sell my XA coupe in 09 because of a workplace accident and a good old insurance policy of, you pay us the premium and we'll give you nothing when you make a claim. It was one of the best bodies that anyone had seen. The guy who bought it could not believe what he'd got, as it the closest one next it that he seen wasn't even half as good as mine. I had the shits for two weeks after I sold it, as I knew I would not find another one as good. When it came time to buy a new toy, finding a good hardtop was 50k+ and I was prepared to spend that sort of money. Anyway more than happy with my Mustang and my project is a 4 door. It's a 72 XA Fairmont K code (351 2V) L code (4 speed top loader) colour U (ultra white) trim B (black) I am deciding which way to go with the car, either return it back to its original condition, as it would be a rare combo for a Fairmont, or turn it into a Phase 4 race car clone as I absolutely love the one of the Bowdens. Every time I have gone to Bowdens, I go into a trance for that car, it just has me fascinated what that car was going to be in 72, also hearing the stories David Bowden and his sons tell about the car, man what an awesome vehicle for 1972,but unfortunately the do gooders spoilt the party. Anyway it's going to take a while, but the body is not to bad, it already has genuine GT guards, dash (140 MPH one) lockable fuel cap, grille, but finding a bonnet is not only near impossible but also expensive. Oh well, we'll see what happens once the body is done, as to which way I go with it.

Yeah guys, those of us that have had XA-XC hardtops over time and sold them for near nothing are totally kicking ourselves now. I had to sell my XA coupe in 09 because of a workplace accident and a good old insurance policy of, you pay us the premium and we'll give you nothing when you make a claim. It was one of the best bodies that anyone had seen. The guy who bought it could not believe what he'd got, as it the closest one next it that he seen wasn't even half as good as mine. I had the shits for two weeks after I sold it, as I knew I would not find another one as good. When it came time to buy a new toy, finding a good hardtop was 50k+ and I was prepared to spend that sort of money. Anyway more than happy with my Mustang and my project is a 4 door. It's a 72 XA Fairmont K code (351 2V) L code (4 speed top loader) colour U (ultra white) trim B (black) I am deciding which way to go with the car, either return it back to its original condition, as it would be a rare combo for a Fairmont, or turn it into a Phase 4 race car clone as I absolutely love the one of the Bowdens. Every time I have gone to Bowdens, I go into a trance for that car, it just has me fascinated what that car was going to be in 72, also hearing the stories David Bowden and his sons tell about the car, man what an awesome vehicle for 1972,but unfortunately the do gooders spoilt the party. Anyway it's going to take a while, but the body is not to bad, it already has genuine GT guards, dash (140 MPH one) lockable fuel cap, grille, but finding a bonnet is not only near impossible but also expensive. Oh well, we'll see what happens once the body is done, as to which way I go with it.
Go Original it will look Boss in ultra white with the Gt guards. :cool: Bit cooler then another GT clone too ;)

Hi KurtThat is a truely amazing bit of location spotting, I'm Speechless!

Perhaps it's less impressive when I realize that the footage was recycled for White Lightning from The Mechanic:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_132548-Ford-Custom-500-1971.html

Somehow, I forgot the Custom 500 in the middle of that snoozefest of a film.

Back to Aussie musclecars.

-Kurt

Prepair to get your mind blown, its the same car!!!!! Apparently it was recycled from a couple of movies to use in White lightning, Hl Needham hated it and said it was totally used up when he got it and it had no power!

Snoozefest??? which movie?

Back