power steering hoses and routing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes,

That is the same as mine.  It is very tough in my opinion to get good repo hoses for Power Staaering or AC.  I figure there is no sense in wasting more time on hoses, since mine is not 100 percent original anyway.  

Those can be points upgrades if I ever get to a show circuit. 

Kcmash

I guess that's a good point. I have many aftermarket parts on mine too, so it probably doesn't matter as long as the leak is fixed.

You will not find a repo that’s made correct. No one seems to be to make them right. I bought one of the p/s hoses that was said to be concourse correct. Ya, right. It wasn’t close to the original and the the damn thing came apart while I was making a turn. Almost hit another car with the sudden lose of the power steering. I wound Not trust a Scott Drake part for that, or anything else important. Just make sure the the fittings are crimped on good.

This might be more difficult than I thought....

The new hose is definitely too long. It won't fit under my shock tower/cowl brace. Has anyone here had success neatly installing a 3A719-A replacement hose from any source?

Back