Previous owners-Car History

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes... Previous owners do the best they can when looking after their cars. They might not have access to proper supplies due to personal circumstances, lack of knowledge, etc. I am sure everyone on this site can look back at a certain repair they were responsible for and today, just shake their head and say, "why"?

Cut previous owners some slack...
Fair enough... however, in my case the previous owners redneck-engineered all repairs after trying to out-do the Duke Boys and basically threw the car away after using it up... in just 9 years. There's a big difference. ;)

Sometimes... Previous owners do the best they can when looking after their cars. They might not have access to proper supplies due to personal circumstances, lack of knowledge, etc. I am sure everyone on this site can look back at a certain repair they were responsible for and today, just shake their head and say, "why"?

Cut previous owners some slack...
Fair enough... however, in my case the previous owners redneck-engineered all repairs after trying to out-do the Duke Boys and basically threw the car away after using it up... in just 9 years. There's a big difference. ;)
Can't compete with them good 'ole Duke boy's... I guess there was an added buyer's premium when you bought the car, with all that extra included "engineering"... My current resto. had some eatra "engineering", its called, "hide it, no one will see it" :mad:

Hey, you are the dumbass that bought it . . . just saying :)
Yeah, but... and... aw crap - I got nuthin'. Well played, Sir. :bravo:

lollerz

Start by researching that last owner. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.

Could also send him a certified letter - request a delivery receipt from the post office.

In your letter be sure and include pictures and let him know how well you are taking care of the car.

That would be your first start. At the same time try and see if the selling dealer is still in business. If you can't find it call other dealers currently in the area. Some old-timers might remember and have other connections for your research. I was very lucky and even had the old dealer send me pics of my Boss 351 sitting at the dealer for sale back in March of 1971! Lots of other cool stuff too.

Stay motivated and you will get something!!!!

Ray
Having emailed Read Mullens Grandson, Mike, and getting a reply to his email i thanked him for his response even though he could not help with the cars history he has emailed me again and asked for my address. He mentioned he still had a Decal that Read Mullan put on the cars at the time of sale. So i will wait and see what the postman delivers. Whatever comes in the post it will definately be a curve ball as the dealership closed 2009 and its Read Mullens grandson i am corresponding with. Will definately stay motivated now i am off to a flying start.
Well the postman came today and i could'nt believe what Mike Mullen had sent me :D ::thumb::

20160722_105855.jpg

This Letter and stickers were also included with the rear plate frame;
Mr Mullen is a classy guy!

Wow! My deepest respect to Mr Mullen.

There's a guy who goes way beyond what you might expect from somebody.

:bravo:

Very nice. I've been searching for the Dick Herriman Ford sticker that was originally on my car, but with no luck.
You may want to try through his grandson. He posted something on this page. Grandson worked for me

http://www.thejoyboys.com/tales2.htm

The reference is around half way down and highlighted

Very nice. I've been searching for the Dick Herriman Ford sticker that was originally on my car, but with no luck.
You may want to try through his grandson. He posted something on this page. Grandson worked for me

Thanks for the link. The radio commercial posted about "Hero Badges" for Dick Herriman Ford is a commercial I remember hearing back in the day. The dealership is still there but under a new name. I talked to the sales manager a few years ago and he said all the Herriman records and memorabilia are gone. I have a search subscription on eBay but no hits for over a year now.

Sorry OP for the HiJack!

Thanks for the link. The radio commercial posted about "Hero Badges" for Dick Herriman Ford is a commercial I remember hearing back in the day. The dealership is still there but under a new name. I talked to the sales manager a few years ago and he said all the Herriman records and memorabilia are gone. I have a search subscription on eBay but no hits for over a year now.

Sorry OP for the HiJack!
Now you have the Grandson's name "Erin Stocking". Try down that route

Back