Printer Not Printing? Know what should you do.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only way I would attempt a burn out is if my mechanic would let me do it in his parking lot. that way when I grenade any number of original, crusty parts, I won't need a tow.  it will be tempting though, as I am just finishing replacing the u-joints and installing a 3.73 posi to replace the old 3.10 open diff.
Why put a 3.73 in if you are not going to put it to good use?  And if it does blow - well then you will know better not to do it again. :whistling:  

No guts - no glory! :D

its not a question of if, its just a matter of when. my car was a barn find, very original( aka not well maintained or updated)

I have broken so many parts over the last 6 months that have resulted in tows, that my AAA is used up for the year.

I am creeping up on enough replacement parts installed that one of these days I will trust the car to actually not breakdown under normal conditions.

I've noticed recently that I have a lifter issue, the dreaded 1 key typewriter sound which is intermittent. not sure I want to build enough rpms for a burnout until I can get the engine apart and see what is going on. that may have to wait until winter. I want to drive the car this fall

my basic build plan is 1) get the car reliable as a driver 2) get the car to do a burnout without breaking 3) make the car feel fast 4) get the car to a drag strip with my son without it breaking on the track. if I can accomplish all 4 things, it will be a win !

Last edited by a moderator:
its not a question of if, its just a matter of when.  my car was a barn find, very original( aka not well maintained or updated)

I have broken so many parts over the last 6 months that have resulted in tows, that my AAA is used up for the year. 

I am creeping up on enough replacement parts installed that one of these days I will trust the car to actually not breakdown under normal conditions. 

I've noticed recently that I have a lifter issue, the dreaded 1 key typewriter sound which is intermittent.  not sure I want to build enough rpms for a burnout until I can get the engine apart and see what is going on. that may have to wait until winter. I want to drive the car this fall

my basic build plan is 1) get the car reliable as a driver 2) get the car to do a burnout without breaking 3) make the car feel fast 4) get the car to a drag strip with my son without it breaking on the track.  if I can accomplish all 4 things, it will be a win !
I understand and don't blame you.  Just kidding with you earlier.  You never know what might happen even with new parts.  As far as the lifters have you adjusted them since you had the car?  Don't know if you have had the valve covers off but if not you would also see what the insides look like.  Clean or all gummed up.

Good luck on your build and may the Mustang gods bestow you with good fortunes.   ::thumb::

Back