Quarter Panels on E-Bay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, D3 is not 1971 but would likely fit a '71.

I would not ding the seller for that, but they are

over priced.

mike

900 for 2 rear full quarters, and a front fender NOS is not overpriced in my opinion. Average aftermarket front fender is 300 so your paying 300 each for rears, and getting inner for free.

My 72 has a 73 nos quarter on it from an older accident repair. The only difference I can see between them is the 2 holes punched out at the back for the rubber 5mph bumper fillers. Price is high but for all those pieces isn't bad. I remember a couple years ago a guy selling full outer quarters for $899 each and fenders something like $699 ea.

Full quarters themselves are not a bad deal for that price. Too bad I finally got my replacement skins squared away with a painter saying he can work with what I've done.

Already told the seller I'm willing to go the $1,200 BIN if I can find someone to pick them up and pack them (Anyone here game to help? Willing to compensate with $$$$$)

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Already told the seller I'm willing to go the $1,200 BIN if I can find someone to pick them up and pack them (anyone here game to help? Willing to compensate with $$$$$)

-Kurt
The guy won't take them someplace to let them pack and ship? There are places that will do that for a price.

Already told the seller I'm willing to go the $1,200 BIN if I can find someone to pick them up and pack them (anyone here game to help? Willing to compensate with $$$$$)

-Kurt
Good luck, Kurt! I know you've been wanting to find some full quarters for awhile now as well. ::thumb::

The guy won't take them someplace to let them pack and ship? There are places that will do that for a price.
Nope, local pickup only.

What's scaring me is it looks as if the end panel on that RH quarter may be bent outwards. I hope the panel is OK. That's the only reason I haven't hit the BIN already.

Good luck, Kurt! I know you've been wanting to find some full quarters for awhile now as well. ::thumb::
Craziest thing is that one of our other forum members (through his Dad, who is local!) hooked me up with a pair of NOS Sportsroof quarter skins just today, which are much larger than the current repops:

971amc.jpg

I'm getting these skins too, for you can't have too much of this stuff, and I might find a car with more workable panels in the future. Leaves the door wide open for me to find a semi-solid car for a Diamonds are Forever clone too :D

-Kurt

Sweet! Those make a lot more sense than the repops, that's for sure.

I'm sure you'll have a better time getting those to work. ::thumb::

Sweet! Those make a lot more sense than the repops, that's for sure.

I'm sure you'll have a better time getting those to work. ::thumb::
Not quite sure about that - at least the repops can be glued at the side of the body; these can't.

I'm more interested in them for the proper curve and fit where they meet the rocker panel and door jamb.

-Kurt

Nope, local pickup only.

What's scaring me is it looks as if the end panel on that RH quarter may be bent outwards. I hope the panel is OK. That's the only reason I haven't hit the BIN already.

Craziest thing is that one of our other forum members (through his Dad, who is local!) hooked me up with a pair of NOS Sportsroof quarter skins just today, which are much larger than the current repops:

971amc.jpg

I'm getting these skins too, for you can't have too much of this stuff, and I might find a car with more workable panels in the future. Leaves the door wide open for me to find a semi-solid car for a Diamonds are Forever clone too :D

-Kurt
Those are not NOS qtr skins..Ford never made qtr sections..Those are older repops..Btw 1200.00 for all that Nos stuff is a freaking steal & a half..I was tossing around buying it all DRIVING OUT to pick it up..Theres 4k there JFYI if you play your cards right..I can't believe someone hasn't hit the buy it now yet..i wouldn't wait to long there not gonna last..Glue smoo on the ends You may not see another set of full qtrs for a long long time

900 for 2 rear full quarters, and a front fender NOS is not overpriced in my opinion. Average aftermarket front fender is 300 so your paying 300 each for rears, and getting inner for free.
They alone are a good price but when you consider shipping

the price will at least double. Just went through that when I

bought an NOS rear quarter panel. They need to be shipped

in a crate.

mike

)@(*$#($#@%(&*#@$*&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idiot told me to leave a deposit, said he was going skiing on Friday. Never left an address to send the deposit, and someone else hit the BIN in the meantime.

Truth be told, the back end of that RH quarter panel looks as if the rear flange has been twisted badly off of it (see photo below from the auction), but I don't care. I'm still pissed. Should have just hit the BIN and been done with it.

106isu0.jpg

-Kurt

Did any one on our site score the parts on e-bay.... that was a good deal
Actually yes....
(Quote)

Idiot told me to leave a deposit, said he was going skiing on Friday. Never left an address to send the deposit, and someone else hit the BIN in the meantime.

Truth be told, the back end of that RH quarter panel looks as if the rear flange has been twisted badly off of it (see photo below from the auction), but I don't care. I'm still pissed. Should have just hit the BIN and been done with it. (End Quote)

Sorry Kurt! I was having a hard time pulling the trigger on these with the wife sleeping and an in-opportune time for us in life that I waited for her to get up...She knows how hard it is to find NOS Quarters in fastback and convertible and we've been fortunate to find both in the last 2 years.

Thank god I have an understanding wife and MUSTANG lover too that she said the Magic words BUY THEM~! Dan did go out of town Ice fishing and after the BIN I had to wait till this afternoon to pick up the Sheet metal and over a hundred miles later we're home and put away. The Quarters are damage free as well as outer wheelhouse's and the fender.

Glad sombody from the forum got this deal!

:)

Actually yes....
(Quote)

Truth be told, the back end of that RH quarter panel looks as if the rear flange has been twisted badly off of it (see photo below from the auction), but I don't care. I'm still pissed. Should have just hit the BIN and been done with it. (End Quote)

Sorry Kurt! I was having a hard time pulling the trigger on these with the wife sleeping and an in-opportune time for us in life that I waited for her to get up...She knows how hard it is to find NOS Quarters in fastback and convertible and we've been fortunate to find both in the last 2 years.

Thank god I have an understanding wife and MUSTANG lover too that she said the Magic words BUY THEM~! Dan did go out of town Ice fishing and after the BIN I had to wait till this afternoon to pick up the Sheet metal and over a hundred miles later we're home and put away. The Quarters are damage free as well as outer wheelhouse's and the fender.

Glad sombody from the forum got this deal!

:)

Actually yes....
(Quote)

+1

No problem, CJ; nothing personal, of course.

Knowing who got them and that they'll be put to good use takes the sting out of it, for sure. That, and knowing you weren't but 100 miles away to pick them up - add another zero on that 100 for me in terms of distance.

Another RH panel will show up; it'll just take another year of patience ;) . It'll probably fall into my lap without even trying too - nine years of restoring vintage lightweight roadbikes proved that theory, as I've had the strangest and most obscure parts show up virtually at my doorstep at the exact moment I needed them...

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back