Question about " ROCKAUTO"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I heard a bunch of parts come from India!?
Probably do India builds one of the engines used in the Lincoln vehicles new today.

I tried them for power brake booster and they did not have. Also tried them for the front end parts, ball joints, steering links and suspension pivots for my 1959 Ford and they had nothing. I never went looking again. Glad some are lucky, lol.

Another India trivia. They now make more Mahindria, spelling, tractors than John Deere. Deere also uses engines made in India.

In the world today good parts can come from all over it is the quality control that sucks for some companies that gives a bad name.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Régis,

I will advice you to check parts before buying to prevent from any loss or issue.

If the prices are very interesting in France, so could be the quality of parts ;)

I use Rock Auto any time I can wait a few days for parts. You can see several different levels of quality if you are price conscious. But the quality of parts are the same as what I can get at my local parts store, for less money. And I've sent back parts that were defective while still under warranty without any issues.

But that's my 2 cents...........

Hi,

My fear is the price could be in accordance with the quality...And the prices are very low ( so interesting). In addition with customs cost, buying parts at rockauto could worth the cost.

Very difficult to decide what to do. So the best is to order and to test!!

@regis

If you look for a part, search for its specs online any where. If you order it there you will get that part.

As I've imported to France and now to the Netherlands for over 30 years,

I would advise you for the big parts to make a few fake checkouts here and there on different shops after you have your address taken in account. They do not offer much options for oversea shippings.

The item price is one thing, the total at your door another.

For instance, a new hood is there for 250, but will get a small inflation with shipping costs: 1800. Over here, import taxes would bump that over 2k easy. Thats near 10 times the item price.

Big shops like Summit also have ways to pack parts that allow you to regroup parts. Meaning as they used to send overseas, small parts packages are put into the bigger ones. The transport then for all gets reduced and smaller parts get a free ride. I don't know if this company does that. Its a small thing and seems logic, but its of importance for the costs. Thats why I do not order to NPD as I used to.

Keep also in mind if you need lots. That shippings prices varies on weight and sizes. It sometimes pays off to place 2 orders.

Also never pick any option for faster shipping. Its BS. They all take same route and take same time.

In the 90's there was for france, per boat options that were taking 1 to 2 months to arrive, but the costs were very cheap. This was ideal when I needed a new crankshaft as weight isn't as important as per plane.

Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabrice,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I use to order at SUMMIT because i know the right price at my door with customs, shipping and taxes. So no surprise when receiving parts.

You are right, thanks for your help!

Back