• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Radio delete plate

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Title says all - my radio isn't original, neither does it pick up anything.

Doesn't help that the antenna is broken in two pieces, but I'm not big on radios in cars to begin with.

-Kurt

P.S.: I take it that a radio delete fastback would have done away with speakers on the rear package tray, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
they only came with Door Speakers, or a Dash speaker, no rear speakers were installed by the factory.

also they guy got Back to me about the Delete Plate, he sold it already, it was a Buy now.

they only came with Door Speakers, or a Dash speaker, no rear speakers were installed by the factory.

also they guy got Back to me about the Delete Plate, he sold it already, it was a Buy now.
Interesting. The original owner must have cut up the package tray then.

The Marti says it came with an AM radio originally; owner put in an aftermarket (period; probably another Philco) AM/FM unit. No door speakers though, so there must be one in the dash. Will make a mental note to remove it.

"Do you want an all original or aluminum plate"
So long as the aluminum one has the camera case finish, I'm game...

...and I take it it doesn't.

-Kurt

Plate arrived. I was a bit surprised to see that the repop casting had molded screw stubs in it, but it didn't take long to drill the holes out. Fits decent.

71_mustang_59.jpg

Now to plate out the clock ::devil::

Incidentally, what would a radio delete car have in place of its antenna?

-Kurt

I had a Mach1 clock delete!! i gave it with the center console I sold!!

the guy that sold you the radio delete plate, also repops the Clock delete plate, thats where I got mine.

ask him.

Latest posts

Back