Ram air induction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 H code, 351 C, 2V, FMX
1973 Mach 1 H code, 351 C, 4V, C6
1973 Mach 1 Q code, 351 C, 4V, 4 Speed
I’m installing RAP on my 1973 Mach 1. If anyone has it installed on your mustang can you post pictures of the vacuum line routing?

Thanks

Jerry

Don't look at my configuration the picture FoMoCo posted right before my post is what they are supposed to look like. I had to change up my vacuum and pcv line routing according to my carb & manifold of choice. 4118 carb off Shelby had all ports on the pass side. The 3 pcs off the hood 1 T to back of intake, mine carb port.

I recognize that diagram Chris (PoFoMoCo) posted. I think I still have that blue highlighter :) ...Glad to see it getting circulated. Here are a few more diagrams that might help... 20160327_130317-1.jpgManifold Vac Hose Fitting Rear Labeled A.jpgVacuum Diag.jpg

Attachments

• 71-73 MUstang Nasa Hood Vacuuum Diagram.jpg
    71-73 MUstang Nasa Hood Vacuuum Diagram.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 0
I recognize that diagram Chris (PoFoMoCo) posted. I think I still have that blue highlighter :) ...Glad to see it getting circulated. Here are a few more diagrams that might help... View attachment 75757View attachment 75756View attachment 75762
I had to use a 69 vacuum diagram to assemble my heater box. Still no blower motor, new switch is on the way. As far as my ram air set up, I've never seen one of those bi-metalic valves, that would explain why my snorkel never closed, while the NACA actuators were functioning normal. I removed the snorkel and left the ram air open, since the snorkel didn't function correctly with the system. I'll eventually revise it.

Attachments

• dR (5).jpg
    dR (5).jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I had to use a 69 vacuum diagram to assemble my heater box. Still no blower motor, new switch is on the way. As far as my ram air set up, I've never seen one of those bi-metalic valves, that would explain why my snorkel never closed, while the NACA actuators were functioning normal. I removed the snorkel and left the ram air open, since the snorkel didn't function correctly with the system. I'll eventually revise it.
You can find them on eBay and other places. look it by part number: D0ZZ-9E607

Attachments

• NOS 1970 1971 1972 1973 FORD MUSTANG TORINO 351C AIR CLEANER VACUUM SENSOR D0ZZ.jpg
    NOS 1970 1971 1972 1973 FORD MUSTANG TORINO 351C AIR CLEANER VACUUM SENSOR D0ZZ.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You can find them on eBay and other places. look it by part number: D0ZZ-9E607
This car has been one big jig saw puzzle to begin with. Hell, I didn't even know that bi-metalic switch even existed. I had made a note on my agenda to look up ported vacuum vs unported for the snorkel actuator, since it didn't make sense to me, the bimetalic switch answers that question.

Back