Rattle can primer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 H code Mach 1
Ok, I talked to a friend of mine today and he is going to repaint his little rice rocket, going to take down to bare metal and prime I told him no need to do all that but he insist on wanting to do that and not use epoxy primer, said he would use sealer primer in a rattle can or use plain primer and then clear coat the primer to seal it rofl rofl . I think he has drank or smoked one to many

Ok, I talked to a friend of mine today and he is going to repaint his little rice rocket, going to take down to bare metal and prime I told him no need to do all that but he insist on wanting to do that and not use epoxy primer, said he would use sealer primer in a rattle can or use plain primer and then clear coat the primer to seal it rofl rofl . I think he has drank or smoked one to many
i thought the "wanna be tough" primered look was over by 2000!!! i guess i was wrong!

:idea::idea:

i thought the "wanna be tough" primered look was over by 2000!!! i guess i was wrong!

:idea::idea:
LOL!! Ya, I think it over-extended it stay even by 2000. :)

Doc

Hey fellas, I got an estimate on a paint job for my 95 Tbird daily driver today. No damage other than some door dings. How does $1800 sound? Its my first estimate. After 16 years, the original clear coat is about gone on the roof... imagine that.

Hey fellas, I got an estimate on a paint job for my 95 Tbird daily driver today. No damage other than some door dings. How does $1800 sound? Its my first estimate. After 16 years, the original clear coat is about gone on the roof... imagine that.
cheap to fair depending on color.

Materials are through the roof, no doubt. I bought just enough paint and primer to do my daughter Buell (PINK PANTHER PINK) and just that with no other materials, tape, putty, etc was right at 400.

I've been doing body work for 13 years, with 5 of those years including presently on the sales side selling paint/supplies to shops. I'd be afraid of someone doing a complete paint job for $1800! You can't touch decent materials these days for a complete for less than $1000. Most good shops I know of are getting $3-5000 for basic completes. I rarely do too much side work, but I wouldn't touch a complete paint for less than $2000, and that would be if there was nothing to do but sand and paint...no body work. I'd get some other estimates. Also, ask if they're planning on taking the car apart...door handles out, window mouldings, bumper covers off, etc... If they're just going to tape all that stuff off and paint around it then move on. To do it right it all has to be taken apart. Hope this helps!

No problem. Just don't want to see anyone get screwed...I've seen it too many times with some of the shops I sell to, I seriously think some of them would do a hack job on their own mother's car to make an extra buck!

Back