Rear Shocks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aero3113

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe
I need to replace the rear shocks on my coupe,they sound horrible when I go over bumps. What brand and part number do you recommend that's a decent price?

Unless you wanna go extra high performance, you can't go wrong with KYB's "gas-a-just". I've had them for years and I drive the car really hard on our winding European roads and I never thought I neede more handling than they offer.

Plus they are pretty cheap.

I have them as well for the frOnt and rear. I've also changed my front springs from stock springs to 600# coils from Maier Racing. I'm planning on a set of their leaf springs but I first need to change my wheels due to the wrong backspace. Other than that, I like them so far. Ist a nice ride in the freeway, around town and on the twisties driving to the beach (Calif Bay Area). And you can't beat the price.

did you rear shocks? hell i've experimented so much with shocks in general i have a few sets in the shed. hell, i'm about to change out rear shocks again for a dual adjusting instead of a single adjusting.

i have some mustang plus rear shocks, i bought and used for 3 months before putting on Calvert racing single adjustable shocks on.

i'll be willing to part ways with these cheap if you'd like. hell, i still got good 5 leaf springs in the back that need to go along with other suspension parts that are still good.

let me know.

Back