Reinstalling Interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you all use for the door scuff plate support that goes under the carpet?

I used my rotten cardboard as a pattern and used foam core board from Hobby Lobby.  I got the thinnest they had.  It worked great and was pretty easy to fabricate.

kcmash

My thought is to install the dash first so you don't hit your head on the windshield while trying to hook shit up.  :D
That's what I was thinking but figure I ask just in case there is a reason to do the windshield first.  Hate to find out life could be easier if you do it the other way around.

What do you all use for the door scuff plate support that goes under the carpet?

I used my rotten cardboard as a pattern and used foam core board from Hobby Lobby.  I got the thinnest they had.  It worked great and was pretty easy to fabricate.

kcmash
Look at an upholstery supply they sell the sealed cardboard sheets to make door panels out of that would work just have to razor cut to allow flexing like the old ones. 

On the dash install it can go either way if you do dash first leave the pad and cover off until the windshield is in.

Quick question on when to install dash assembly - before or after windshield?
Boefore- everybody don`t forget the antennae cable, you have to snake it through behind dash with speaker harness after dash install before window so much easier.

Just installed the windshield this week.  Will do a short "how to"  with pics once I get the trim on.  Mistakes I made so far.  I had put the dash pad in last weekend.  Windshield went in fine.  Went to put the A pillar trim and halo on today but to do that you have to pull the dash pad and top.  No problem, I pulled it.  Put A pillar trim in place and realized that it overlaps the drip rail.  I'm still cleaning up the drip rail.  So now my dash pad is back out and I'm sitting here with less done than when I started. :D

So the correct order is drip rail, A pillar trim and then dash pad.

Just installed the windshield this week.  Will do a short "how to"  with pics once I get the trim on.  Mistakes I made so far.  I had put the dash pad in last weekend.  Windshield went in fine.  Went to put the A pillar trim and halo on today but to do that you have to pull the dash pad and top.  No problem, I pulled it.  Put A pillar trim in place and realized that it overlaps the drip rail.  I'm still cleaning up the drip rail.  So now my dash pad is back out and I'm sitting here with less done than when I started. :D

So the correct order is drip rail, A pillar trim and then dash pad.
I can't tell you how many days I got less done than when I started.  ::thumb::

Been one of those days again.  Worked on cleaning up the drip rail and trim.  Arms are about to fall of from all the sanding.  Finally figured out you don't need the drip rail to put the A pillar trim and halo on so I figured I go ahead and get it installed tonight.  Was going well until I dug out a wrong screw under the headline!  :whistling: 

Laying on my back and just didn't realize I was cutting out the wrong one.  Just a little hole in the upper right hand corner by the top of the a pillar.  I think I can touch it up enough that it won't be noticeable. 

And I was so proud on how well the headliner looked.     :D

Back