Rodgeydodge - new member

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, who said anything about faux? This was real sheepskin. I think they found a beige Tyrannosaurus Sheep and ripped its skin off, pulled it inside out and stuck it in the car. Even the headlining was sheepskin (sagging). My dog is currently sleeping on it and she is very happy. The whole car including bright work was painted some sort of red with gold horse stickers running down the side, a white steering wheel and the ugliest alloy wheels on earth. There seems to be no accounting for taste. The car was originally Light Bright Yellow (whatever that is) with Cinnamon and White interior. I can't help but think that red on black is a better color scheme. Cheers, Roger
Wow, I bet the car is thanking the heavens it's being saved.
And that's one lucky dog you got.
Good luck with your build and have fun.
Mike

Don't you guys have any sheep in the US?
Sheepskin seat covers were de rigeur in Australia up to quite recently and I have them fitted to the front seats of my Toyota Landcruiser. They are particularly comfortable when driving naked . . . so I am told, or perhaps when only wearing budgie smugglers.
They seem to have fallen out of fashion probably because so many cars today are fitted with that flash vinyl upholstery, you know, leather, and people don't want to cover it up. They would rather peel themselves off the seat each time they have to exit.
My factory external mirrors have failed me. They broke the small die cast pivot item inside and are not fixable. I have bought exterior mirrors off a 2019 Mustang and hope to modify them to suit. Electric mirrors, indicators built in and a horse projected onto the ground at night - priceless. I'll let you know how I go.
When I was repairing the 73 in 2015 or so I was in contact with a guy in the States about Holley carbs. We had a lot of rain in Queensland at that time and he commented that the floods were even on the news in the States. I told him we had an area under water in Queensland (Australia) the size of California and Nevada. A couple of days later he emailed me; "California and Nevada??!!". I emailed back and said that it was still raining and that he could add Utah to that as well. That's about half of Queensland. And you guys think Texas is big, Queensland is not the biggest state in Australia. The flood waters finally arrived at the Murray River in the South 6 months later.
Brisbane is located in the SE corner of the state. Our Western border is 1,000 miles away. Cairns is over 1,000 miles North and the top of Queensland is a further 600 miles again. But you can't get there for about six months of the year because of the "wet" season, and when you can get there you've got to be careful you don't get your ass bit by a crocodile. Sharks are not really a big problem in the North. The crocs have got most of them
Cheers Roger.

My factory external mirrors have failed me. They broke the small die cast pivot item inside and are not fixable.

Cheers Roger.
Mirrors; The factory glass assembly is available aftermarket from National Parts Depot. They can be fixed. Scott Drake make a convex, but as you have your drivers mirror on the opposite side, not sure if it would fit on the left side. I made my own much bigger convex pass side mirror.

Roger, What mirrors are on your car that need fixing? I have a few bits and pieces for the Sports mirrors if that may help.
David

Roger, What mirrors are on your car that need fixing? I have a few bits and pieces for the Sports mirrors if that may help.
David
Thanks for the offers, but I am going to try the new Mustang mirrors first. I have picked up a set from the wreckers for about US $200. I will have to manufacture some sort of attachment from its base to the existing car to cover the wiring on the new one and match the footprint of the existing one. Hopefully, it won't be impossible (as Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear says, "How hard can it be?") and then I will have electric mirrors. I have the original painted bullet style mirrors and I currently have after market flat faced chrome ones. Like all such mirrors, adjusting the passenger side is a pain, so that will fix the problem. Also, every time I remove the car cover I seem to pull the mirrors out of adjustment. The failure point is the small domed die-cast item that allows adjustment to occur. Over time the zinc item corrodes and you end up with the mirror assembly in your hand trying to adjust it. I'll let you know how I go with the mods if anyone else is interested. I know it won't be stock, but it will still be all Mustang. I have attached a photo of the new model mirror.

Attachments

• 2018 mirror.jpg
    2018 mirror.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 2
Back