Roll up windows

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Green on green 72 Mach 1
Saw a 72 fastback for sale with roll up back windows. What’s the deal with that. Mine doesn’t and I know power window cars have roll up back windows.
But didn’t think fastbacks had roll up windows.

All 71-73 sportsroofs have fixed quarter windows from the factory unless equipped with power windows. You can take a complete manual quarter window setup from a coupe or convertible, and retrofit it into a sportsroof. I did the conversion on my 71 Mach.

1693355914769.jpeg

Here is a tutorial I wrote quite a few years ago on how to convert to roll down windows. It's had 34,000 views so I am sure that it has helped at least a few people make the choice to do the conversion.

https://7173mustangs.com/threads/19...down-quarter-window-conversion-tutorial.1655/
I'm probably about 1000 of those views as I used those instructions to convert mine a couple years ago, thanks much for putting that together. Found a great deal on the hardware on ebay and the swap was pretty straight forward and definitely worth it. I never drive the car with those windows up.

1693585762469.png

I'm probably about 1000 of those views as I used those instructions to convert mine a couple years ago, thanks much for putting that together. Found a great deal on the hardware on ebay and the swap was pretty straight forward and definitely worth it. I never drive the car with those windows up.

View attachment 80862
Righteous looking Stang you have there Dude.

I probably count for 5 or 6 of those views. I watched Flatback 72's tutorial a few times about a year ago and found it very informative. Last August, (yes 2022) I purchased everything I will need from Motor City Mustangs. If I ever get my body and paint work completed, I will be installing them. When I saw some of you guys were doing this upgrade, I jumped on it, and ordered up the parts. One of the few things I remember not liking about my 73 from high school was not being able to roll the rear windows down. Unfortunately, it has been some time since I watched the video tutorial so I am sure I will need to watch it again to refresh my memory when it comes time to finally install them.

I probably count for 5 or 6 of those views. I watched Flatback 72's tutorial a few times about a year ago and found it very informative. Last August, (yes 2022) I purchased everything I will need from Motor City Mustangs. If I ever get my body and paint work completed, I will be installing them. When I saw some of you guys were doing this upgrade, I jumped on it, and ordered up the parts. One of the few things I remember not liking about my 73 from high school was not being able to roll the rear windows down. Unfortunately, it has been some time since I watched the video tutorial so I am sure I will need to watch it again to refresh my memory when it comes time to finally install them.
The same set from the same source is still waiting to be installed into my Mach1 too.
Thanks to Flatback72 for the tutorial and thanks to Mike for the parts supply.

I converted my Mach1 to roll up/down windows too. I went by the tutorial that Flatback72 made and it was not to difficult at all. It really makes the car look good!
View attachment 80858

Jpaz, I am very jealous of the colour of your car - the colour, with the combination of black stripes and paintwork, is simply stunning.

Jpaz, I am very jealous of the colour of your car - the colour, with the combination of black stripes and paintwork, is simply stunning.
Please for the love of all things holy , return your car to original Sprint look 👀. I beg you 😂 Is your car still identifying as a school bus ? I’m kidding you and hope all is well with you down under

Please for the love of all things holy , return your car to original Sprint look 👀. I beg you 😂 Is your car still identifying as a school bus ? I’m kidding you and hope all is well with you down under

Ha, yes my Sprint is still identifying as an American school bus, though down here in Australia our school buses are just normal coaches of any old colour so my car never gets mistaken for one.
I didn't know my car was a Sprint when I bought it until a bit later when I saw the trim code on the door tag as HB, which gave me a "ah ha!" moment as to why it had a Mach 1 grille and bumper, and confirmed it further by finding some chips on the lower sill that revealed some blue paint.
But, it will never change back to a Sprint while I own it, because even though Sprint colours are damn awesome, the yellow, the C-stripes, the smoothies, the aftermarket wing and the ridiculous bonnet scoop are....perfect for me!
When I decided to buy a 1971-1972 fastback, my bananarized Sprint was the first one I looked at and it was kind of like a destiny moment for me. As a little kid in the early 1970's I just loved matchbox and hot wheels cars, and this ridiculous yellow beastie with it's questionable aftermarket modifications pushed every single one of my childhood fantasy buttons. It was like the previous US owner when he repainted/modified the car he was unwittingly channeling my hopes and expectations from the future and from the other side of the world.
In my younger days I had a gold 1970 Mach 1 (right hand drive), and a big fat green XB GS Fairmont Coupe (Mad Max car, "Fairmont" was a trim level higher than a standard Falcon), but even though both those cars were great, I love this sleek yellow one the most of all and it will be with me until the proverbial bucket is kicked.
Oh, and just to keep on topic for the thread, it has roll down back windows.....

Attachments

• 1972 Mustang 6.jpg
    1972 Mustang 6.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 0
  • mach1 gold.jpg
    mach1 gold.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 0
  • XB_Coupe.jpg
    XB_Coupe.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 0
Ha, yes my Sprint is still identifying as an American school bus, though down here in Australia our school buses are just normal coaches of any old colour so my car never gets mistaken for one.
I didn't know my car was a Sprint when I bought it until a bit later when I saw the trim code on the door tag as HB, which gave me a "ah ha!" moment as to why it had a Mach 1 grille and bumper, and confirmed it further by finding some chips on the lower sill that revealed some blue paint.
But, it will never change back to a Sprint while I own it, because even though Sprint colours are damn awesome, the yellow, the C-stripes, the smoothies, the aftermarket wing and the ridiculous bonnet scoop are....perfect for me!
When I decided to buy a 1971-1972 fastback, my bananarized Sprint was the first one I looked at and it was kind of like a destiny moment for me. As a little kid in the early 1970's I just loved matchbox and hot wheels cars, and this ridiculous yellow beastie with it's questionable aftermarket modifications pushed every single one of my childhood fantasy buttons. It was like the previous US owner when he repainted/modified the car he was unwittingly channeling my hopes and expectations from the future and from the other side of the world.
In my younger days I had a gold 1970 Mach 1 (right hand drive), and a big fat green XB GS Fairmont Coupe (Mad Max car, "Fairmont" was a trim level higher than a standard Falcon), but even though both those cars were great, I love this sleek yellow one the most of all and it will be with me until the proverbial bucket is kicked.
Oh, and just to keep on topic for the thread, it has roll down back windows.....
I like that you have the car of your dreams, as it should be, and it does resemble an early Hot Wheels car!

Back