RPM air gap manifold fit under the hood ok?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Base 6 cylinder, and 72 Base 351C
Quick question...  Got my 351W block to the builder. We are planning the build, and he wants to use an Edelbrock RPM air gap intake with a 750 Holley. Any clearance issues with that on a 72 coupe, has a flat hood but will be putting a Mach I aftermarket NASA hood on it. Thanks! Earl

Are you doing Ram air or just the NASA hood? I know there are issues with fitment with the ram air with a Cleveland, but fits fine without Ram air. I'm not sure of issues with a Windsor as I believe that has a different deck height.

Are you doing Ram air or just the NASA hood? I know there are issues with fitment with the ram air with a Cleveland, but fits fine without Ram air. I'm not sure of issues with a Windsor as I believe that has a different deck height.
No Ram air, just the NASA hood, love the looks of them! That hood with the Mach I grill is possibly the best front end of all time....

351W deck height is 9.5" vs 351C at 9.2". But that's at 45° so maybe not much difference. You should be able to find out the manifold heights to compare, maybe on Edelbrock's website?

TI ran an Edelbrock Air gap intake on my old 351C with a 1" spacer under the carb and it cleared my NACA hood. Also had a stock air cleaner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back