Seat belt attachment hardware

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 351 4V 4-speed convert
I know if I really am going for safety I should replace the belts with a shoulder system and will do that before my kids start driving this car but right now I just want to get it back on the road as safe as possible.

So stripping the interior was an after thought so it happened at the body shop and I didn't take pics (my memory is not as good as it once was) and although I was certain I kept everything together for the safety belts I think I'm missing some washers.

The front latch belts have the red high strength washers and rubber washers so they can move a bit. This is the way they came out (pic 1) but should the rubber washers be on top next to the torx bolt head?

#1IMG_1541.JPG

Should all the other belts should have the red high tensile strength washers or just the buckle sides? Pic 2 is the rear "buckle" belts.

#2 IMG_1540.JPG

Do the retractable belts require the washers to be safe?

Pic 3 is front retractable belt; 4 is the rear retractable.

#3IMG_1543.JPG

#4IMG_1544.JPG

Any advice on where the washers need to go and how many required is much appreciated.

I do not have any detailed actual photos, but my 73 Factory Shop Manual has some detailed diagrams. My scanner keeps jamming so I will take some Macro Photos and post them up.

Here are the pictures from the workshop manual. Make sure to look at the caption under each diagram to see which one applies to Mustangs. The last picture gives some of the hardware dimensions. Hope this helps:

DSCF1839.jpg

DSCF1840.jpg

DSCF1832.jpg

DSCF1833.jpg

DSCF1834.jpg

DSCF1835.jpg

DSCF1836.jpg

DSCF1837.jpg

The manuals have come in handy over the years. I bought my set back in 1974 when you could still order them from the coupon in back of the owners manual. They do pop up on eBay every once in a while and I think you can get the CD reproduction too.

Back