SEAT TRACK PLATES

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know if these seat track plates go between the seats and the tracks "OR" the tracks and the carpet. If they do go between the tracks and carpet how exactly are they installed? There are 8 of these. Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_0730.JPG

So, between the tracks and the carpet/ on top of the carpet, correct? I can get the 2 front ones on and they fit and look nicely but the 2 rear ones don't wanna fit right, their position look awkward! Can you post a pic of yours please...front and back? And by the way, I have a new spare tire bracket for 65/66 if you want it, it's yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have pictures, sorry. And I sold my 66 a year and a half ago.

I don't have pictures, sorry.  And I sold my 66 a year and a half ago.
These were only used on 1965-70 models. They go on top of carpet between carpet and seat tracks. Scott Drake sells repros that say 1965-73 but they did not originally come on 71-73's.

Oh really, even though my car was built 11/20/70 ?
 It is still a 71 model year car. Ford likely started building 71's around September or October if not sooner. Not totally sure on that, but today's cars are built way ahead of the next model year. i.e. 2018 car will be on the lots very soon and we're still months away from 2018. It's just the way it's done. Crazy eh!

Side note, did you decide on your mirrors?

Back