Shift Handles...one button vs two? When were each used?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
Hi guys,

Curious as to which cars got which handles...here is a pic of my 72 Q code convertible with two button shift handle and grip is flat.

v3dh09.jpg

Here is a pic of my 73 Q code Mach 1 with one button handle and bottom/top is formed to grip.

2gxnswm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a 73 only owner I find this interesting. Did both of the buttons work? I am looking at options for my GV overdrive switch. The foot switch is okay but a little slow. I am wondering if I could adapt the second button to work with the OD unit.

No, only the left button works. The other one is just for looks so it looks more even.

I also have the two button one on my 72.

As a 73 only owner I find this interesting. Did both of the buttons work? I am looking at options for my GV overdrive switch. The foot switch is okay but a little slow. I am wondering if I could adapt the second button to work with the OD unit.
Now that would be a really cool mod if you can make it happen! Please post your findings and progress along the way for this mod.

Sounds like it could get popular.

Ray

Latest posts

Back