Show us your engines!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised, some post crud-removal pics (although there's still a certain amount of crud and I know that)

UflbWfd.jpg

The air cleaner has the wrong sticker on it, but that's okay because I'm planning to replace it with an Edelbrock Pro-Flow 1002.

5E274qA.jpg

0buJQVk.jpg

As you can see, the firewall is still kind of a mess and there's quite a bit of rust in the cowl area which has been half-assedly cleaned up. Much to do here.

OOc69T4.jpg

Still very pleased to have the engine compartment a lot cleaner than it was when I got the car. Planning to take out the parts that I can readily get out and sandblast, repaint as needed. Going to be an interesting spring.

Okay here is what was under my hood...It's a bit of a DOG off the line, but it will really BARK when you put your foot down on it, It does leak a little fluid here and there, and backfires once in a while, but (I may get in trouble for this one) it's a real good pussy getter.

photo 2 (4).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay here is what was under my hood...It's a bit of a DOG off the line, but it will really BARK when you put your foot down on it, It does leak a little fluid here and there, and backfires once in a while, but (I may get in trouble for this one) it's a real good pussy getter.
rofl rofl rofl

Hilarious... rofl

And his expression...

i can't go any longer rofl

Tim

Oh man, THIS made really my day

::yourock::

Not finished yet (relocate and connect electric cables, original fuel line to carb, shock tower braces) but this was my last sight a few days before :heart:

Tim
Woah, someone else has cal custom valve covers and a repo "HiPo" air cleaner....

IMG_15131.jpg
YEEEAAAAH - cool:exclamation:

Lookin great, isn' it :) ?!

I love that massive old-school look without too much bling bling. And you have also the coil on the "wrong" side ;) On the passenger side there are too many cooling hoses heating it perhaps up...

What's your intake? It looks like mine - Offenhauser. And your carb?

That looks good with that massive air filter but my space between hood and cleaner is not so much - I have a 4V spacer between intake manifold and carb, which is an 1970 Autolite 4300.

Tim

Edelbrock Performer LB 351-4V, 750 holley, and 1/2" phelonic spacer. It's a 3" element for the air filter. I'm changing up the combo with an RPM air gap intake so I will likely use a drop base air cleaner with the "hipo" lid.

Here is my 71 vert. with a 306c.i. 1985, Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads, roller rockers, JBA Stainless Steel ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock endurashine air gap intake, Edelbrock Thunder series 650 carb, custom monte carlo bar etc. etc.

Engine as of 2-1-14 (1).JPG

Other side

Engine as of 2-1-14 (2).JPG

Back