Show your wheels and tires!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them also. Well done and very different!

I got an idea when I saw another tread in the engine section with show your engine.. I just thought it could be really nice to see what kind of wheels and tires you got on your rides! Maybe with lowered ride height? Original as well is also good.. :)

My plan is to go with 19" all around and with very wide tires.. What is yours, and what are you running with now?

Show your wheels!
American Racing VN805 17x8 front and 18x9.5 rear. Falken FK-452 tires in 245/45/17 front and 275/40/18 rear

2s861rb.jpg
Nice combination. I really like the body color bumper also. Could you provide more pictures of the car? Looks really nice.

ET brand wheels 15×10 with old school tires, been parked for 20 years so 80's setup here.:coolphotos:

ET brand wheels 15×10 with old school tires, been parked for 20 years so 80's setup here.:coolphotos:
Uh

20160411_023441.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Uh
Hey Man,

You're takin' me way back now to my heyday when slot's ruled! 15X 10's - that's a funky mag indeed. (I think you might have blown Lars away a little bit there:p)

I remember too, how the wide rubber, offered up back in those days featured a sharp squared edged profile shoulder like yours in the pic. That mag restored would look fantastic polished up again. I wonder what the back set is on those babies? Would you happen to know off hand? Also, what's happening with the front wheels if you don't mind me asking? Also, are they 14's or 15's mags?

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Uh
I had those Kelly Super Charger 60s on my 65 GTO, They were the first NEW tires I ever bought and when I sold the Goat and bought a 65 Mustang I swapped tires and put the Chargers on it. I wish I could buy them still today and put them on my Mach1.

I got an idea when I saw another tread in the engine section with show your engine.. I just thought it could be really nice to see what kind of wheels and tires you got on your rides! Maybe with lowered ride height? Original as well is also good.. :)

My plan is to go with 19" all around and with very wide tires.. What is yours, and what are you running with now?

Show your wheels!
American Racing VN805 17x8 front and 18x9.5 rear. Falken FK-452 tires in 245/45/17 front and 275/40/18 rear

2s861rb.jpg
Nice combination. I really like the body color bumper also. Could you provide more pictures of the car? Looks really nice.
Thank you. I don't have many other pics as it's a work in progress. No motor in the car at the moment.

Well, I think everybody and their brother have seen these pics but I wanted to post them again here nonetheless.

I put the 18- inch rims into storage for the time being and put my Magnum 500s that are original to the car back on. I painted them black because the chrome was really bad and they were originally only intended to take the car to inspection.

But I have come to prefer the increased ride comfort. Because the supension is so low the ride is quite hard and bumpy and the low profile of the 18 inch tires makes it even worse.

This is way more comfortable.

This is by no means a final solution but for now the car is like this. Maybe in a few months it will be different. We'll see :)

attachment.php

ganybe6a.jpg

Hey Mike,

Interesting feedback. It's surprising what a little bit more air in the tires does for the ride.:) That's another reason i go with old school profiles.

I guess it's the old never ending story of ride versus handling. Finding the happy marriage between the two is the ultimate quest don't you think?

Greg.:)

Boss motorsport 338. 18x8 front and 20x10 rear with toyo proxes tires. We did have to roll the rear fenders.

12993415_816239831842967_3307872128149894710_n.jpg

Well, I think everybody and their brother have seen these pics but I wanted to post them again here nonetheless.

I put the 18- inch rims into storage for the time being and put my Magnum 500s that are original to the car back on. I painted them black because the chrome was really bad and they were originally only intended to take the car to inspection.

But I have come to prefer the increased ride comfort. Because the supension is so low the ride is quite hard and bumpy and the low profile of the 18 inch tires makes it even worse.

This is way more comfortable.

This is by no means a final solution but for now the car is like this. Maybe in a few months it will be different. We'll see :)

attachment.php

ganybe6a.jpg
Agreed!

Rough ride with 18's and low profile tires... rides like a brick.

Car was designed to have big spongy donuts on it!

:thankyouyellow::goodpost:

Paul

Back