side pipes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red73mustang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertable
Anyone running side pipes? I used to have 1 into 4 Zoomies "Mad Max" style exhaust on my 73 convertible. Got them from J.C. Whitney and I loved them. Got rid of them and changed it to a conventional style duel rear exit system, but never could get it to line up straight. Will be going back to 4" side pipes as Whitney no longer stocks the Zoomies.

I got side pipes on my 73. Check out my pics. I got hooker headers doing into 3 inch shorty glass packs out to a 4 inch tip. Cops don't like it but I do haha

Anyone running side pipes? I used to have 1 into 4 Zoomies "Mad Max" style exhaust on my 73 convertible. Got them from J.C. Whitney and I loved them. Got rid of them and changed it to a conventional style duel rear exit system, but never could get it to line up straight. Will be going back to 4" side pipes as Whitney no longer stocks the Zoomies.
No side pipes,but had same issue getting tips to run straight as well,after many frustrated attemps to wiggle them around,finally just got the torch out & heated so I could bend tailpipes where they needed to be.

I am in the process of putting them on my 73. Getting to be a bigger project than planned. I was going to just do headers, and sidepipes. Mine stilled had the factory single exhaust. Well I could not get the exhaust manifold bolts out, so I pulled the engine out to remove the bolts. Then figured this would be a good time to get rid of the 2v and switch over to a 4v. Plus it had a couple minor leaks so I decided to regasket it. Then I figured being it is opened up, might as well bump up the cam. Just have a couple minor things to clean up. Then in it goes again. This was a expensive set of pipes, but I know when I get it to fire it up it will be worth it.

Back