Sound off if you have a convertible

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Don65Stang

Super Mods
Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I have a secret desire/ambition (don't tell my wife) to get a 71 or 72 convertible and was wondering how many convertibles there are on here.

So, if you have a 71-73 convertible make a post to this thread listing the year, engine and any other options you'd like to share and let's see how many we can get listed.

Example:

71 M-code, ram air, Lime with white top.

Last edited by a moderator:

droptop73

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
'73, H-code, C-6, dual exhaust, Medium Bright Yellow, black top and interior, ram air hood, Magnums, Factory A/C, Full console, pocket ported heads, roller rockers, hardened pushrods and guide plates, stainless valves, hardened exhaust seats, Isky RV hydraulic cam, Performer 2v intake, Old school M/T valve covers, Ram Air air cleaner

whitesoc

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible

08 Bullet
73 F code Dual exhaust, Bright Medium Yellow, white top / interior, ram air hood, Magnums, full console, slight build on the a newer 302( couldn't tell you what kind of build as a P/O did it) 3 spd stick.

vamach1

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 1972 Sprint convertible, 2004 Mach1
72 spint - one of fifty made. I owned another one in the 80's (yes I have owned 2 of the 50 ) and I sold a blue 73 conv to buy the 2nd 72 sprint. I sold the 1st sprint a long time ago.

Autoshow.JPG

OLE PONY

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
73 Convertible, L code (250 CID), Wimbledon White originally equipped as follows:

- Decor Group - Honeycomb Grill, Black Paint and Aluminum Strips on lower body panels, and special hubcaps and trim rings but converted to optional 1973 Aluminum Wheels (option)

- Sport (Racing) Mirrors (option)

- Full-length console with clock (option)

- Automatic transmission (option)

- Power Steering (option)

- Ford Pony Floor Mats (dealer option)

- Power Disc Brakes (standard on the convertible in 73)

- AM/FM radio (option)

- The interior is the deluxe style with the Black Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats (comfort weave material used in convertibles)

Link to Marti Report Click Here

DSCF1185.jpg

RacerX

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 351-2v Convertible
1973 351-2v Mach 1
1973 351-4V Q code Mach 1
64.5 Coupe
65 convertible
65 cobra kirkham
'73, H code, C-6. single exhaust (for now), Medium bright yellow, White/black deluxe interior, full gauge package, power black top, dog dish hub caps and trim rings (for now), factory A/C, stock engine. Been sitting in a garage/barn 20 years before we bought it 2 years ago. Currently getting it road worthy.

TommyK

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
73 H code FMX originally white with ginger interior and top now yellow with a 460.

Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
73 Ford light Blue, white/black deluxe interior. Convenience group, appearence Protection Group, rear bumper guards,factory air. Originally had 351-c 2v and FMX with 2.75 standard axle.

Today: Engine: 351C with 4v cc heads 4 bolt main, tri-power, hookers, glass packs, comp 270 cam, Rhodes, fordged flat tops, mallory unilite, ford motorsport roller rockers, ford motorsport valve covers. I ditched the factory AC.

Drive train: FMX was replaced with C6, rear axle is now 3.50 traction lock, Cragar S/S (they are almost 30 years old)

Body/suspension: subframe connectors, shelby style traction bars and global west strut rods.

swapped in the NASA hood.

Interior: Added tilt steering, tach, guages.

You can't beat top down fun!

OPN PONY

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 351 4V 4-speed convert
Mine is a 73 convertible that was ordered with a Q code, 4 speed toploader, 3.50 trac-lock, well optioned (has pretty much everything I would have ordered) and soon to be returned to the original med. blue aqua with hood black-out and side stripes (It was repainted Acapulco Blue a long time ago and even I kinda wish Ford had stuck with Grabber Blue until the end of 73 but I'll give the Aqua a try for now.) [/font]

73 MUSTANG convertible thb.jpg

73greengold

Reaction score
My Car
73 convertible
302 2bbl
Ram Air
Mine is a73 F code. Has a reman 302 w/ orig 2bbl, bright greengold with painted 72 white stripes. NASA hood, Mach 1 grill, white interior, black carpet, white roof. C4 with 2:79 rear, magnums, headers w/ flowmaster 40s. Fun, fun, fun car.

f117rt

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Conv; 1 of 17; 351C, 2V, Auto
71', H code, auto FMX, Medium Yellow Gold, Pwr Strg. Pwr Frnt Disc Brks, A/C, Decor group, console, white top and deluxe interior. Marti's 1 of 17.

image.jpg

vertstang73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
2003 F250 Crewcab
'73, H-code, FMX, stainless dual exhaust, White, white top and medium blue interior, ram air hood, 15" Magnums, Factory A/C, Full console, 351C stroked to 408, 4v quench heads, roller rockers, roller hydraulic cam, Ram Air air cleaner and plenum. Front and rear spoilers.

luxstang

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
1972 F code. (Now has a 351W by Ford Racing)

Originally painted Medium Brown Metallic (now yellow). FMX, 15 inch Magnum 500 (now 18 inch Bullits), competition suspension, traction lock, 3:00 rear, white interior, center console, power windows, white top (now black), convenience group, appearance Protection Group and bumper guards (both removed).

Has Headers, Edelbrock mufflers, MSD ignition, 1969 Mach 1 hood scoop.

lastfairlane

Reaction score
My Car
My daily 1998 Fairmont l6ohc sedan
Wifes daily 2003 Fairmont Ghia l6 twin cam sedan
Toys 66Thunderbird hard top still LHD and 72 Mustang convertible RHD for Australian conditions also makes it a bit easier to drive on OZ roads
Mine a 72 convertible bright red

250 six and C4

nine inch type drums all round

18 inch Chrysler 300C wheels

and new white top

last but not least

Right hand drive to suit the country

I live in Australia the 51st state of the US Ha Ha

hopefully a 351 Cleveland soon

the RHD conversion was done using

XB Falcon parts(Think Mad Max)

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
73 H code 30000 orig miles and LOADED

DARK GREEN w white top

A/C

PS

DISC

AM-FM

TILT

POWER WINDOWS

TINTED GLASS

DELUXE ALVACADO INTERIOR

NASA HOOD

DELAYED WIPERS

MAP LIGHT

UNDER DASH LIGHTS

TRUNK LIGHT

TACH DASH AND GAUGES

FULL CONSOLE

DELUXE WHEEL COVERS

Pretty sure it had seat release system and more too.

TIME MACHINE

EVERYTHING UNDER THE HOOD IS THERE AND ORIGINAL

ORIGINAL SPARE, JACK AND ALL IN THE TRUNK

NICE CLEAN ORIGINAL INTERIOR

TOP, RADIO, GAUGES AND EVERYTHING WORKED

One re-paint, has evedence of mud in corners of 1/4's

Needs floors, biggest thing is left front torque box is bad. Front brake line is bad / no frt brakes.

Bought off original owner in 2004

Drove it to the shop [ with only rear brakes ] and parked it in the corner.

Had plans for it but it is still sitting the corner. At least it's safe and dry inside and it looks nice sitting there.

Don

Steven Harris

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande,
1973 MAch 1
Don,

Maybe I can suggest this in a quiet manner before Roy jumps on with his famous line: got any pictures you can post for us?

I would love to be interested - just cannot at this time but Don65Stang would love to see it.

Tnfastbk

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
Don,

Maybe I can suggest this in a quiet manner before Roy jumps on with his famous line: got any pictures you can post for us?

I would love to be interested - just cannot at this time but Don65Stang would love to see it.
Come on say iy like you mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthlesswithoutpics: