Source for replacement '71 fb windshield?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 "M" code Mach 1, originally green automatic, now blue w/T-5 in restoration.
In removing my front windshield I cracked it. And that's after I read elsewhere on this site regarding several methods to remove it (short of using a hammer, Midlife).
I switched to the 'piano wire' method and the remainder was easy as butter - but after the fact.
Anyone have ideas on sources for a replacement. Kentucky Mustang has 1 available, (not a Carlite), and it's pricey.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 3.44.59 PM.png
NPD has a limited selection of cheaper ones, mostly for coupes and verts. What's the best repop brand and source out there right now. Of course, I'd do a Carlite if I could find one to match.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for the referrals guys.

My old glass has an opaque black band across the bottom - as in the NPD glass pictured above - in many of the offerings of others that blacked-out portion is absent as is the tinted portion across the top in their web photos/description.

I'll call them on Monday, but was that solid blacked-out portion at the bottom standard on the Mach glass?

Thanks James. And I’m still not even sure what, if any, tint I have. I don’t have a comparison. It actually might be clear, cause it doesn’t look at all tinted green. I’ll figure that out, but I certainly want the black strip at the bottoms - it hides a lot of the dash.

If your car came with AC it likely has tinted windows. Your Marti report will say if your car came with tinted windows. Not sure if it's addressed on the buck tag, but someone else may know.

I concur with Sheriff, if your car was ordered with A/C, it came with the green tinted windshield, which assists in keeping the interior cooler. It makes sense, doesn't it? I've heard that for years. Along with the A/C option, the rear end gears were limited to certain ratios available , to the higher gears, to protect the factory A/C compressors from being revved beyond their designed working range.

If your car came with AC it likely has tinted windows. Your Marti report will say if your car came with tinted windows. Not sure if it's addressed on the buck tag, but someone else may know.
Yup - Marti confirms mine as an AC car with tinted windows.
Mach 1 Ford Factory Invoice.jpeg

FYI, the green tint is very obvious and the car is non AC with a 3:25 ratio.
It did come with an auto and a 3:25 ratio rear end, but now has a Tremec 5spd before a 4:11 rear end.
Hopefully, once running again with AC, the compressor won't blow because of taller transmission gears (?).
Mach 1 Ford Factory Invoice.jpeg

Last edited:
Back