Speaker and console mods I've made. Added overflow tank to radiator.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I vomit uncontrollably, need to seek therapy, pay for doctors to put me right 🧐 when I see somone has hammered in thunking great modern speakers and kit that isnt period to the car.

But this is actually a tasteful job ... 👍

Last edited:
Center console was also very nicely done. I like it. Did you fabricate that? Or did you modify a pre-existing console? For both of our 1973 Mustangs I ended up install ACP full length consoles, and replacing the ash trays with fabricated Power Panels. That worked out pretty nicely. No cup holder, but I do have a pair of magnetic phone/tablet stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSxEBNDKp7o

VERY Nice! I used the same area you used for the remote on my center console for the power window switches (since there were already holes in it anyway). I still need to build a box for my 2 10" MTX Terminator subs and Sledgehammer amp to finish off my trunk,

Center console was also very nicely done. I like it. Did you fabricate that? Or did you modify a pre-existing console? For both of our 1973 Mustangs I ended up install ACP full length consoles, and replacing the ash trays with fabricated Power Panels. That worked out pretty nicely. No cup holder, but I do have a pair of magnetic phone/tablet stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSxEBNDKp7o
Yes I made it. The console kept cracking at the ashtray. So I cut it off cleanly behind the shifter and fabricated it from there back. It's has USB and power ports inside the console. I used the original lid to the console to keep some of the originality.

VERY Nice! I used the same area you used for the remote on my center console for the power window switches (since there were already holes in it anyway). I still need to build a box for my 2 10" MTX Terminator subs and Sledgehammer amp to finish off my trunk,

Thank you. The radio I have is a Retro Sound from NPD, in the trunk I mounted a Boss Audio sound bar with two 6x9 Alpines. I've just added the Jensen sub a few weeks ago, there's also Jensen amp mounted behind the backseat and the two 4" speakers you see molded into the rear quarter trim panels plus a new dash speaker in the front.

KIMG5336.JPG

Thank you. The radio I have is a Retro Sound from NPD, in the trunk I mounted a Boss Audio sound bar with two 6x9 Alpines. I've just added the Jensen sub a few weeks ago, there's also Jensen amp mounted behind the backseat and the two 4" speakers you see molded into the rear quarter trim panels plus a new dash speaker in the front.

View attachment 91347
I also have a Retrosound Model 2, along with some Retrosound 4x7s in the doors, and 6x9s 'on' the rear deck (I didn't want to cut 6x9 holes in the sheet metal).
interior3.jpg

I still need to either replace the AOD shifter (came with my 'free' transmission) with a factory-style or make some kind of a bezel to clean this up. It'll definitely be made with black carbon fiber to continue the look (I hate the woodgrain veneer).

The 6x9s are using Retrosound spacers, and I put down some AutoZone black carpet, rather than leave the painted package tray carboard as it came.

interior5.jpg

Back