Spring compressor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry somehow the rest got lost. 1 coil cut lowered about 4”.
My old 50 Dodge was the same. 1 full coil made a huge drop, I had to go 1 full coil because it was clocked. So, I added a small spacer. If you were to measure the ht. from the tallest point to where you actually cut it, I'll bet it was @ 2" If you ended up with @ a 4" drop.

They were correct I believe I have just removed to much weight. View attachment 82880View attachment 82881View attachment 82882
Definitely the stock measurements they claim to be .650. It's a spring I guess it's not a perfect measurement. I still like the 1" drop springs because they are 720. then add a 3/8" spacer to bring it back up to stock ht. I personally removed 200lbs from the front of my car, ditched the 73 front bumper, battery located in trunk, aluminum intake & water pump. If you didn't have to do the bumper swap you must have aluminum heads, water pump, intake and battery relocation to allow it to sit that high. It sure helps around the corners having less centrifugal force on the front wheels.

Last edited:
My old 50 Dodge was the same. 1 full coil made a huge drop, I had to go 1 full coil because it was clocked. So, I added a small spacer. If you were to measure the ht. from the tallest point to where you actually cut it, I'll bet it was @ 2" If you ended up with @ a 4" drop.

I prefer a lowered front look other than the standard look, so my 1 coil cut slightly tucked the front. No issues with rubbing or ride…235-15-60 on 7 inch wide rim up front…

here’s a few pictures, before spring cut, car was mostly assembled, just missing a front seat rear seat and vinyl top….and new springs next to stock pulled out, then with cut.

IMG_3539.jpeg

Attachments

• 67598067454__866EB03E-36DC-4BE6-8D1A-B017B2D7CC53.jpeg
    67598067454__866EB03E-36DC-4BE6-8D1A-B017B2D7CC53.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8893.jpeg
    IMG_8893.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8733.jpeg
    IMG_8733.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I prefer a lowered front look other than the standard look, so my 1 coil cut slightly tucked the front. No issues with rubbing or ride…235-15-60 on 7 inch wide rim up front…

here’s a few pictures, before spring cut, car was mostly assembled, just missing a front seat rear seat and vinyl top….and new springs next to stock pulled out, then with cut.

View attachment 83034
These cars look like they make great convertibles. I ended up only 1" lower than stock. (supposedly 3/4") I know it's best to lower your center of gravity. We have terrible roads in Tulsa. Also, there was a slight rub going down a driveway taking a hard turn. I have slots which lose 1/2" of backspace by giving a slight dish. It's prob 3 1/2 instead of 4. I also have 235 or 245 front tires since I consider this a heavy car & want to corner this hard. I'd have to cut a notch in the back part of the front valance to lower it anymore. I might do it anyway, take out a slice giving me a lil more room & weld it back together, you'd never notice. Sometimes mine still has a slight rub down a sloped drive and hard turn.

Last edited:
Back