Step by step REBUILDING/ASSEMBLY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 (1973)-351Ci-4V
Hi,

Please a little help for not making "mistakes"

Short version points, step by step reconstruction from the body please.

Body of my Mustang Mach1 ('73) is back on wheels with new suspension and shock absorbers.

What are the next steps?

THANKS,

Greetings from Belgium.

:blush:

Hello eddyw,

What is the condition of the internal sheet metal? How are the floor pans? What is the condition of the cowl area? Do you have pictures?

Thank You

mustang7173 ;)

Hi mustang7173,

Only pictures before the works started, get the car back early July of the body shop.

-Cowl in very good repaired conditioning(a little rust);

-R+L new floor pans not urgently needed...but will started from a very good body;

-new taillight panel;

-R+L front inner fender aprons;

-new rear deck lid;

-a very good L. second hands door;

A lot of new parts to mount on the car and all original parts cleaned up and repaired, ready to assemble.

Eddy

Hello eddyw,

What is the condition of the internal sheet metal? How are the floor pans? What is the condition of the cowl area? Do you have pictures?

Thank You

mustang7173 ;)

Start at the dash and work your way out. assuming all body work and paint is done, I would start with wiring, heat and air unit etc. until the dash was complete, then to glass and door seals...Is the engine and tranny still in the car?

Hi Caspianwendell,

Body comes in primer paint (all parts are assembled to match/line up everything and reassembled the hood/fenders/doors)and welded on sub-frame connectors and drive shaft loop(Tinman).

After assembling a lot of parts its going back to the paint shop for the finally paint(for minimal risk of paint damage), after this fase i'm going to assemble the rest (glass,spoilers, etc....).

The 351C engine and FMX tranny are out the car, the car is on wheels and comes back with only the suspension/shocks/brake calipers.

I think to start now with assembled the dash board and when the car is coming in to start with the fuel/brake lines electric fuel pump, tranny and engine, complete exhaust and headers, fuel tank, etc....

That's what i want to now : step by step the order/sequence of assembling.

I bought the car in parts/boxes and searched for the missing / broken parts.

Everyone that can share pics, i appreciate it a lot(if you want my private email for sending pictures please send me a private message).

THANKS

Start at the dash and work your way out. assuming all body work and paint is done, I would start with wiring, heat and air unit etc. until the dash was complete, then to glass and door seals...Is the engine and tranny still in the car?

Ahh I see where your at now...After it comes back I would do the brake/fuel lines, E brake cable, and fuel tank, then pick up where i posted before...I would not install engine until the wiring was ran and the dash was done (mostly because your going to want to start it) But that's just me. After the dash would come engine/tranny, coolant system, exhaust, all exterior items, glass, and wipers. the interior would be last for me. There are a lot of things in between these items but that is the general order of how I do it. As always we are all here to help so feel free to ask questions when your ready to start and we will get through it.

Ya know there's probably a different list for everyone. Like my drive train and brakes have to be first since there's a slight slope on the driveway backing out of the garage. A lot of it for me is how much room I have too. Best of luck and look forward to seeing the progress as she comes together.

Back