Strut rods?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Green on green 72 Mach 1
Question for all y’all
Anyone know the proper procedure for installing and adjusting the front strut rods?
I have them installed but not adjusted or tightened down. I’m waiting until I have the motor installed which I assume is the correct procedure. The passenger side seems better aligned and seated than the drivers. I did tighten up the drivers a little and it seemed better. I have not tightened the sway bar ends yet and wanting to wait until the motor is installed for that also. Hopefully the engine will be done before hell freezes over. It’s only been at the shop since January. IMG_8914.jpegIMG_8915.jpeg

You'll need to have an alignment shop adjust them to get the caster angle correct. Just adjust them to where the wheels look centered fore and aft in the wheel wells and tighten them down. The car will probably pull to one side or the other until you have the alignment done.

Thanks again wasn’t real sure if they were part of the alignment when you take a car in.
I know the lower control arm and the tie rods get adjusted but wasn’t sure on the strut rods.

I agree with Sheriff41 and would recommend to get them eyed up and tightened down before engine install. Final setting will be done at alignment shop, but they are not dependent on engine weight just to get installed. That will be a much different story once the vehicle weight is on them without the benefit of the movement of the tire on an alignment rack.

Back