Stupid tires don't LAST for a dam anymore

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

my wife's daily driver is a 2007 fusion and she drives 100 miles a day at least, so about 400 a week, 1600 miles a month. so after a year she is easily putting almost 20k on just going to work. thats nor included our trips down to so cal and around.

i'm already on my 2nd entire set and two of the tires are already almost bald.

my truck still has the same tires on them with 50k on them and still showing good thread. but maybe truck tires have alot more thread on them compared to car tires.

i'm just ranting guys so bare with me.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Are they Walmart tires? I burnt through a set of Wally World Good Years in under 10K once!

Are they Walmart tires? I burnt through a set of Wally World Good Years in under 10K once!
i did buy them at walmart and i check the receipt. i bought them exactly 34k ago. however they are goodyear tires so i would assume they are better tires than that.

i did buy them at walmart and i check the receipt. i bought them exactly 34k ago. however they are goodyear tires so i would assume they are better tires than that.
usually if they are sold at wall mart I bet they are lower quality {didn't pass some sort of test} hahaha:dodgy:

spoke with the on-base tire place, they have a set of riken's for a reasonable price.

sucks that our vehicles that gets alot of miles put onto also has 17 inch wheels that cost over 100 dolars each to wrap with rubber.:-/:-/:-/:-/

i just came back from the base tire store and i strictly looked at warranty threaded tires. the tires i choose that were nicely priced (non goodyears this time) were $110 each. those stupid tires i just bought were 125 each and the other set when we bought them were 135 each. so these tires are cheaper and have 80k warranty thread life on them. also no tax on base and a little bit cheaper for install. i believe it was 10 to install, 8 to balance, and 10 for road hazard. on base its 16 for all of that.

the tires were uniroyal tiger paw tires. last time i buy non warranty tires for anything.

the tires were uniroyal tiger paw tires. last time i buy non warranty tires for anything.

Yep, I hear you... I've been buying the rubber lately too, and pretty much nothing is less than $100 ea anymore... I will say that the mileage warranty has been pretty accurate on the last Michelins I bought. The wife's Honda went about 60k on 60k tires, and I have a T-bird I wanted to have "performance" tires on that went 30k (35k warranty).

This time I went with 80k warranties on both vehicles. Hopefully I can go a couple years without having to buy tires!

Goodyears are famous for being a softer compound that wears out very quickly. At least every set I've ever had were like that.

1st Mustang - 215/60-R14 Eagle GTs (80% tread gone after 25K miles)

'85 Nissan 4x4 - 33x12.50 Wrangler ATs (60% tread gone after 3 years/20,000-ish miles)

'97 Dodge Ram 4x4 - 265/75-R16 Wrangler RT-S (90% tread gone after 29,000 miles - stock tires supposedly 40,000 mile tires)

'96 Cavalier Z-24 - 215/55-R16 Eagle LSs (lasted about 24,000 - supposedly 40,000 mile tires)

'01 Grand Prix GT - 215/55-R16 Eagle LSs (lasted about 26,000 - ditto above)

On my Mustang and '85 Nissan 4x4, I actually purchased those tires new and watched them wear out. The other cars had come with the tires and those were approximate mileage on the odometers when I replaced them with something that lasted a LOT longer.

I'm not really a big fan of Goodyears anymore - good-lookin' tires, but overpriced and too soft for any longevity.

Goodyears are famous for being a softer compound that wears out very quickly. At least every set I've ever had were like that.

1st Mustang - 215/60-R14 Eagle GTs (80% tread gone after 25K miles)

'85 Nissan 4x4 - 33x12.50 Wrangler ATs (60% tread gone after 3 years/20,000-ish miles)

'97 Dodge Ram 4x4 - 265/75-R16 Wrangler RT-S (90% tread gone after 29,000 miles - stock tires supposedly 40,000 mile tires)

'96 Cavalier Z-24 - 215/55-R16 Eagle LSs (lasted about 24,000 - supposedly 40,000 mile tires)

'01 Grand Prix GT - 215/55-R16 Eagle LSs (lasted about 26,000 - ditto above)

On my Mustang and '85 Nissan 4x4, I actually purchased those tires new and watched them wear out. The other cars had come with the tires and those were approximate mileage on the odometers when I replaced them with something that lasted a LOT longer.

I'm not really a big fan of Goodyears anymore - good-lookin' tires, but overpriced and too soft for any longevity.
i'm not going with good year tires anymore either! for our daily drivers i'm going with warranty tires only. on the mach 1, i'm going with some 15k warranty nitto 555 cuz it'll take forever to put that many miles on her.

Just reading this reminded me of the Goodyears I had on my 84 Buick T-type( my first and last time I bought a car from the General)

I used to swear that on a hot day I was leaving twin rubber marks down the road just at highway speed....I think they were Radial TAs and may have lasted about 40K....not miles but KM so about 22k miles or so.

Ken

Latest posts

Back