Subframe Connectors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Will post pics for you tomorrow when i go to the shop i used connectors from NPD for our 71 mach 1 he cut into the front torque box for a solid weld front and back it came out Bad Ass as the car will have a 429 w/600 ft lbs of tq. It needed connecting. Will post Pics
here are the pics i promised NPD has these for around 100 the weldind is important and should be done Right. Good Luck

100_1150.JPG

100_1149.JPG

100_1148.JPG

100_1135.JPG

Reviving this thread to see if there are any new opinions. Like the OP I am considering subframe connectors for my 73 convertible. I've read through all the subframe connector threads and see from so many members they are HIGHLY recommended. I also have some door sag issues. I want to put on new hinges/pins to deal with the door sagging. I also want to rebuild my front suspension to get it to handle better.

Here is my question: where do I start? My thinking is to get the subframe connectors on first to stiffen things up, then start on the front suspension. I still need to decide if I'm going to just replace the front suspension with the period correct stuff, or spend the extra money to convert coil over. I'll never run the car very hard, but I just want it to feel stiffer than it does.

So, are they any opinions on the right order to do this? Subframe connectors first, then the front end work, or front end first and then subframe connectors? I'm not a welder, and I'll definitely go with weld on subframe connectors, so I suppose a frame shop should do that, right? I will probably do the front suspension work myself, then take it somewhere for fine tuning/alignment. In what order would you do this work? Thanks!

I would do subframe and then suspension.

What part of AZ do you live in? I live in Mesa near Lindsey and McKellips. Let's hook up! I have subframes on mine so you can check them out.

will e, thanks for that offer. I'll take you up on that for sure. I'm in Carefree, so I'm way north on 101 from you, but I'll make the trip to you to check them out. I think we can send PMs on here. If so, I'll reach out to you that way and we'll meet. Thanks for that offer. I read your comments (other subframe threads) and knew you were a big fan of the subframe connectors, but I completely missed the fact that we are practically neighbors.

Anyone else please feel free to chime in.

I bought Global west sub frame connectors about 15 years ago and welded them in without issue. I am still pleased with them.

Back