Sudden back firing issue when starting when engine warm

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolverine, sorry you couldn't make it for the breakfast cruise but Pat "Totalled" showed and made the 60 mile round trip cruise with the Mustang Club. After breakfast I wanted to demonstrate the starting problem when the engine is warm for Pat and wouldn't you know it, the engine started on the first cranking with no back firing. We are both leaning toward it being a heat related issue since both days it was having the starting issue and back firing were signficantly warmer than it was yesterday. Possibly the gas boiling out of the carb as it sits causing the delayed starting and back firing when the gas that boiled out ignites. Or it could have been something in the carb from sitting that moved on through after driving it, who knows at this point. I can't try any of the recommendations until it does it again, all day yesterday it was starting fine.

As Pat and I were standing next to our cars when he a guy pull up in truck all excited about our 71 ands 73's explaining he had a yellow 73 Mach1 and expressed an interest in joining our local Mustang club and going on some of our cruises. Another guy pulled up in a truck and asked if we knew anyone who might be interested in some Mustang wheels off of a 60's model Mustang. His dad had passed away and he found a set in really good condition in the garage, he happened to have 1 of the wheels in his truck so I took a picture and got his contact information, he said all the wheels were in the same condition 14", he didn't have a price and said he would accept offers.

Meet.JPGWheel.jpg

Latest posts

Back