Tail Light Harness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Empty Stable Currently
I want to free my tail light harness before I deliver the car to the body shop to have the rust in the rear repaired. What I cant figure out is how to get the passenger side harness free from the rear tail light panel support. The wires are run between the support and the panel and it seems like there isn't enough room to thread the bulb connectors through. Am I missing a trick here somewhere?

Michael,

I just went out and looked at mine. They clear the support just barely but do go through. Maybe your panel was pushed in a bit? Try pulling out the panel while you push the connectors through.

I want to free my tail light harness before I deliver the car to the body shop to have the rust in the rear repaired. What I cant figure out is how to get the passenger side harness free from the rear tail light panel support. The wires are run between the support and the panel and it seems like there isn't enough room to thread the bulb connectors through. Am I missing a trick here somewhere?

Jeff,

Someone backed my car into a poll (Or something similar) at some point in its' life before it came to me, so I'd be fairly confident in saying that most likely it's a little bent. I'll give this a go tonight when I get home, thanks!

They " sneek" through in the panel kick out area at the bottom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back