The hottie or the nottie?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webdizz

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1, 1973
I saw this car a couple of months ago, ... during an event at an amusement park.

It has a 1000pk nascar-motor under the hood. But really, what a waste of such a beautiful car...

What do you guys think of such a car?

247019_10150198000985822_25556630821_6835339_5026836_n.jpg

247699_10150198001080822_25556630821_6835340_1605671_n.jpg

Ya alot of work...Too bad they didnt paint it another color:( I love velocity stacks thou...lol...Btw...Do all that work and not match the front and back rim color? that doesnt make sence..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say this: "It doesn't suck nearly as bad as some of the other '71-'73s with lots of custom body work I've seen."

That is all... end transmission.

Horrible sound quality.

I can't say I hate it. You have to admire the work that went into it. And as my wife told our friend with the 85 Buick Grand National (they were all black) one thing about a Mustang is they look good any color. Imagine a Grand national that color or baby blue (my mustang color).

It would not have been my first color choice but overall it's okay in my book. Anyone who is into their car is okay by me.

Let's see it is missing the hood bumpers, the radiator looks to be stock, the strut tower braces look to be stock, there is no Monte Carlo bar or other front end reinforcement, the plastic cowl vent covers are warped, no fan shroud, crappy flex fan.

If this is a 1000HP motor it overheats like crazy.

I'd rather see a Pinto with a blower

Let's see it is missing the hood bumpers, the radiator looks to be stock, the strut tower braces look to be stock, there is no Monte Carlo bar or other front end reinforcement, the plastic cowl vent covers are warped, no fan shroud, crappy flex fan.

If this is a 1000HP motor it overheats like crazy.

I'd rather see a Pinto with a blower
Well..The rad is not stock i think...I got the factory stock one still and it has a channel down the middle with serial numbers in the middle of the channel...."atleast in my year" ....And as for that flex fan..That is not a crappy run of the mill flex fan.. That is a very spendy race flex fan...notice the angle of the blades?..Stainless steel too i bet.....but your right it looks like no monte carlo bar..Im sure its hardly a real race car...But looks pretty and sounds good..lol..."if you like that color and what they did too it" hehe

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Paint it Flat black and pretend your Mad Max.
+1 :D
Got to agree, a flat or hot rod black would be more fitting for that car than "pink". Also something about using an actual American cloth flag to cover the battery in an engine compartment bothers me. Probably from the early military days of making sure the flag "never" touched the ground while on flag duty.

Guys, we like to always say "it's your car do what makes you happy" on this site and it has worked pretty good at keeping our site friendly unlike some of the other mustang websites where cars get talked about like they are pieces of crap because we don't like what the owner did to it.

In the spirit of your mama's advice "if you can't say something nice..." please, let's keep our site upbeat and friendly.

Thanks [/Reminder over].

Having said that, I have to completely agree with Jim's American flag comment!

It's all good. I just enjoy to visit this site too much to see it even get close us talking negative about any of our 71-73 beloved big bodies. I'll leave that talk to the guys who snub their noses at our cars because they're not a 65-70 model year. And Lord knows there are plenty of those guys talking their smack.

Hahaha! Yuck! Feel free to trash talk any of those cars but anyone who puts effort into our 71-73s is ok in my book. They could put their time, talent & $ into any other car choice but they, like us, put their attention on the "unpopular" big body stang. That makes them a hero to me.

Back