The Mach-A-Reina build thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 - 351C C6
Hello y'all!
Recently I got my dream car: a 1971 Mach 1 in white. It's a car I'd been pining after for a long while. The car (of course) has some issues and I've been slowly trying to work through them. Some are major, some are minor and some are TBD! The car itself is rather high milage. I'm guessing 105k and is a respray (it originally was red). If i know what I know now after having it a little, perhaps I would have gotten a different one and just painted it myself, but I'm sure any car that was in my budget would have a few gremlins. Overall I'm really excited about the car still. The fact that it isn't perfect I see as an attribute, not a failing. I plan to make some perhaps heretical additions to the car, and if it was a real beauty I would feel bad.

I've decided to use my thread here to help document this build and hopefully any issues I square away will help other people with their issues. If anyone has suggestions as to what I'm working on, I'm all ears!

(Also the name is a play off my last name, Reina and the 90s dance craze the Macarena)

Attachments

• IMG_6863.jpeg
    IMG_6863.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_6872.jpeg
    6.5 MB
  • IMG_6803.jpeg
    4 MB
Good luck with your build I look forward to following the thread. Have fun and enjoy the process, after all it's the journey not the destination., haha.

Love the name, doing the Mach-a-Reina!

BTW, that is the best color combination and I am not biased at all, well maybe I am a little biased, LOL.

Welcome. I also like the build name. Very catchy. You have found a great group to be part of. A very respectful family friendly group with a wealth of knowledge if you have any questions as the project evolves. I also like the white and black combo. If I win the lottery (NOT!) i would be on the look out for a white and black Boss 1. That would be a keeper for me. Keep us posted as the build progresses and remember its your car and your timeline make sure to enjoy both.

Back