There goes a few grand......

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1. I am the second owner.
What started out as a new water pump has now turned into a new motor. How did we make that jump? Just look at the pictures below. The damage is old and we did not cause it. The bolt wouldn't tighten and we pulled the timing cover and we discovered this. Someone had "repaired" it a long time ago.

We could just make it work but while the motor still runs strong it does have 170k. This just moves up the rebuild a couple of years.

Except for the paint the remainder of the car is solid. It is my wife's daily driver and she won't part with it. I can't blame her.

The new motor is going to be warmed up a bit.

Image 001.jpg

Image 002.jpg

Xhex.jpg

A great reason to rebuild and up grade. I drove a 90 LX 5.0 everyday for 16 years. It was a great car. Chuck

Kodak 1414.jpg

Sounds like a plan to me. I would keep the original engine. If you ever want to sell the car it might matter to a potential buyer. Just a thought. Chuck

We have the car back. It took longer than expected because we ran into some issues, as usual. No big issues. The car will need to be chipped to run correctly bit still sounds great. The Atari computer can't keep up with all mods.

Back