Third Member proper Yoke

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
I am looking at ordering a third member from Quick Performance for the stang. It gives me several choices for which yoke I want. Does anyone know what the factory size was? The options I get are....

Short Narrow 1310

Short Wide 1330

Long Narrow 1310

Long Narrow 1330

It is currently a factory original 2.75 open 9" in a '73 H-Code Grande.

i remember i had ordered about 10 different U joints when nothing in the factory book worked, so i could keep comparing to the one i took out and found a correct match.

when i found the correct one, i gave away the others to people that thought they could use them.

If you are keeping the stock DS then your best bet is to pull it and figure what you got. Rock auto lists the u-joint by cap dia. and width, and like Dan said, there are several options. I do know that it is a short one though as u went through this on my Galaxie which requires a long one...

If you are eventually going to make some more power, upgrade the DS to the 1310 joints. You can find many opinions on power level recommendations on the net.

My $0.02

-Matt

Back