This Is How The 2015 Mustang SHOULD Look!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
Sign me up today!

2015 mustang.jpg

Nice play for the 71-3 rear panel. All I can say is I could have been a designer in the 3rd grade...and just didnt know it. that box look just doesnt do it for me. I'll stick with buying new Hondas for utility use and keep lov'n my oldies. But it looks as good as any other modern car for sure.

Sorry, but I think that looks ridiculous. Two completely incongruous styles mashed-up on one car.

Agreed. The S197 is overly bulbous as it is* - that Photoshop is terrible.

I did these a year before I found my '71. Not perfect, but I think the styling cues here match the S197's lines much more fluidly - but I also chopped the beltline of the car over itself by 2", so it's not entirely practical either. Now that I look at it, I realize that it's a pretty good homage to both the '71 and the '69 bodystyles; all depends how much one tapers the rear of the greenhouse:

1973modmustangconcept.jpg

19732011mustang_blue.jpg

19732011mustang_green.jpg

19732011mustang_red.jpg

-Kurt

*The S197 would have looked a lot better if it had been proportioned as below. Now that I look at it though, the A-pillar needs to be flattened at the roof, the front beltline brought up, and the rear leveled off:

2005_mustang_photochop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some bloke thought he needed to copyright that? Horrible blending of the rear taillight panel. Don't even want to know who thought those wheels were a good idea. Other than that though I like the fast back roofline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say what you want, but if Ford built it, I'd buy it!:D

Well, ragging on the photoshop skills aside, and taking it for the thought itself. (I do think it could be refined) BUT, I'm all over it, I'm already pining for one!

note: I feel that everything they are making today needs to be sectioned to improve it. Mustang, Camaro, and the Challenger.

Latest posts

Back