This pic was posted on the 7173 mustang facebook page

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
This is a good example of what will happen if you crash one of the first gen mustangs. When they came out in 65 sales in my home town got hurt by someone crashing one and it tore into three pieces and was brand new no rust. So when you go out an run over 100 the results would be worse than this. Looks like in town so I doubt very fast. Did not google search it for story. 

I did go back and the car was in South Africa. Did not say anything about driver or passenger is any. Here are a couple more pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code
I saw that earlier, wow what a shame. I hope no one got hurt, but I would be surprised if they didn’t. I thought my wreck last year was bad but nothing compared to this. Damn!

I just saw that this was from 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang convertible, 351C 2V with FMX (#'s matching)
Currently equipped with 351C 4V 4BM, .060 over, roller cam, Sanderson block huggers, -AC
This is a good example of what will happen if you crash one of the first gen mustangs. When they came out in 65 sales in my home town got hurt by someone crashing one and it tore into three pieces and was brand new no rust. So when you go out an run over 100 the results would be worse than this. Looks like in town so I doubt very fast. Did not google search it for story.

I did go back and the car was in South Africa. Did not say anything about driver or passenger is any. Here are a couple more pics.

Interesting how they parked it with now having safety in mind by chocking the front tire...

detritusmaximus

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande #1 looong time ago
1970 Sportsroof #2 almost as long
1971 Sportsroof M-code #3 needs money
2008 GT #4 where the money went
It kept rolling around in circles.

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 M code 351 4 speed
This still happens to modern vehicles, after a certain speed the car is just going to break up. I am not sure how much worse older cars where when it came to breaking apart, as it seems a lot of that old steel was much thicker, but modern cars are definitely much safer.
The Corvette that hit a tractor trailer running from the cops:

Hoagie Ranch

Reaction score
My Car
1971 MUSTANG MACH 1 429 SCJ
No problems here, the cigarette lighter still good 😁