TKO 600 is in!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like pics are back up! With the help of a close friend this weekend the trans is in. I'm happy to report that no tunnel modifications were required. I'm not sure if it's a result of the motor mounts I used or the bellhousing? Motor mounts are from a 71-72. The bellhousing is a Lakewood 15230 and didn't require a spacer for trans depth. Still have a lil ways to go but getting ever closer. The starter I went with is a CVR 5056 for the 164 tooth 3/8 offset.

images of files
How are you liking your tko 600?
Still can't report with much still to do. Since this post I ended up taking the rear out to upgrade the housing and posi to a Yukon and upgrade the axles to 31 spline. Still have to wire up the sniper unit and run the fuel lines. This time of year my weekends get loaded with my side gig of detailing. I hope to get back to it soon. I'm ordering wheels and tires soon also. She'll be on the road at some point this summer, that's for sure.
Nice! Keep us posted!

Very nice installation, I'm looking to do the same to my 73 Mach 1 here in the next 6-8 month currently restomoding it working on floor pans right now then suspension having a stoked 351 Cleveland in it. How difficult was this and how much was this mod?
It's more expensive than it is difficult. I didn't have to modify my trans tunnel. Some have had to but I didn't and I'm not 100% sure if it's because I used 72 motor mounts. These mounts have the engine sit .5-1" lower. If you are buying brand new you can expect to spend any 2500-3500 for the trans/kit. Things go up from there...and that all depends on what you want. Those increased cost include upgraded bell housing, flywheel/clutch, hydraulic TB or not. 
My build has been taking longer than expected because of the cost and rabbit hole effect. Everything I took apart or got into ended up being one of those "well, while I'm in there" kind of things. 

My original simple heads and cam plan turned into a fuel injected 408, which had me get a steel bell housing, which had me upgrade the whole brake system and suspension, which had me go hydraulic with a beefed up clutch (my choice), which had me refresh my 3:89's/upgrade my posi, rear housing and convert to 31 axle splines. You get the idea. Things can get out of control pretty quickly when you start pulling the layers back.  

Back