To Repaint or not to Repaint!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for your feedback. You all make good points i think, and favour repainting the car.

When i get to it,and or if i decide to repaint, i don't know at this stage, but if i do i will certainly post pics of the finished result. Thanks again,

Greg.:)

Greg,

I struggled with this too. I have a 73 H code vert with original brown ext/int and white top. I messed up and should have held out for an original red car but after a year of looking at sh#! I found this clean rust free car. I'm doing a complete color change. Red ext, black int, black top. Even if I got an original red the performance mods 4r70w, limited slip, spoiler, ram air(not common on verts) would have changed it. I figured the color I paint it(resale red) would make up for the colar change from brown. My feeling is the new paint will more the make up for not being original.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I hear what you're saying, and i don't think i could have lived with the original brown color myself. She should be a good looker when you're done though.

All the best,

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back