TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY--Pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Today was great ! Got the pass side shock tower welded in..all the welds in the motor compartment & cowl ground down. Started sanding inside the cowl vents to prep for primer..Got the rear end apart ready for the cobra brake conversion..ordered all my cobra brake stuff frt & rear. & got the pass side otr aligned (not final) Just waiting on my rust bullet order so I can finish up the rt side upper cowl..I see light at the end of the tunnel :)

BEFORE

100_1779.JPG

AFTER

100_1954.JPG

BEFORE

100_1903.JPG

AFTER

100_1955.JPG

100_1961.JPG100_1957.JPG100_1958.JPG100_1962.JPG

A BIG THANKS TO TN, UF, & Fast=DJ..FOR THE QTR MEASUREMENTS !!!!!(whatcha think?) & PAPPY H for the input

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! U R the restoration God! No cutting corners eh? You vacationing here anytime soon? Or, I can have my rustang shipped to you :D If none of the above then I can't wait to start body work and use your pics and posts for inspiration. Great job!

WOW! U R the restoration God! No cutting corners eh? You vacationing here anytime soon? Or, I can have my rustang shipped to you :D If none of the above then I can't wait to start body work and use your pics and posts for inspiration. Great job!
Thanks DJ ! Funny I had a customer I did a show car resto for back in 85..He then moved to Cali..I get a Call one day from him..He bought a cobra kit car & wanted me to come out to do it..Sent me a plane ticket..payed all my expenses..plus paid me to do the cars. I ended up also doing his 69 camaro while I was there. Humm always wanted to surf in the big H..

View attachment IMG_0001.jpgcobra.jpgcam1.jpgcam2.jpgcam3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful, as always. Seeing Qcode351's progress and watching my own is always a bit like the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote. While he is blazing down the restoration trail, I'm having stuff fall on my head and blow up in my face :D

Keep up the inspiration!

Mark

Beautiful, as always. Seeing Qcode351's progress and watching my own is always a bit like the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote. While he is blazing down the restoration trail, I'm having stuff fall on my head and blow up in my face :D

Keep up the inspiration!

Mark
Too Funny Mark :p Thanks ! Been there too I know that feeling !

Nance..Lately I've been up at 5:00 and to the shop before work .Have a little lull at work SO....just convert it to mustang time while I can;)

Thanks DJ ! Funny I had a customer I did a show car resto for back in 85..He then moved to Cali..I get a Call one day from him..He bought a cobra kit car & wanted me to come out to do it..Sent me a plane ticket..payed all my expenses..plus paid me to do the cars. I ended up also doing his 69 camaro while I was there. Humm always wanted to surf in the big H..
Ha Ha, Sounds like a customer with mad money LOL! If I hit the lotto, you'll be the first I fly over. All expenses paid my man! Then again, we don't have lottos here on the island :p

Back