• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

TOPLOADER 4 SPEED COMPLETE SET UP

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
I've made the decision to convert my car to a T5 transmission, so I'm selling my Toploader and all that goes with it. The transmission is a RUG BJ 1, wide ratio, which is for a 1972 HO and Cobra Jet. It also is designated for the 1973 Cobra Jet. THE TRANSMISSION NEEDS TO BE REBUILT!! The shifter assembly has been rebuilt and is in perfect operating order, and is the original shifter with the round shaft, instead of the flat one used in previous years. comes with the original black shift knob and a new Hurst "T" handle. The shift boot is used, but still decent, and comes with the very hard to find plastic trim plate for mounting with console. The flywheel is in excellent condition, and the ring gear is new. Also included is all of the linkage, including the lock out rod, bell housing, rear mounting bracket, drive shaft, clutch fork, pressure plate and disc. all in excellent condition. $1500.00 or best offer. (Plus shipping if needed).

DSC_0014.JPGDSC_0015.JPGDSC_0016.JPGDSC_0017.JPGDSC_0018.JPGDSC_0019.JPGDSC_0020.JPGDSC_0021.JPGDSC_0022.JPGDSC_0024.JPGDSC_0026.JPGDSC_0028.JPGDSC_0029.JPGDSC_0030.JPG$(KGrHqJ,!r!FJ1H1!Ee5BSd)Debk8Q~~60_57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made the decision to convert my car to a T5 transmission, so I'm selling my Toploader and all that goes with it. The transmission is a RUG BJ 1, wide ratio, which is for a 1972 HO and Cobra Jet. It also is designated for the 1973 Cobra Jet. THE TRANSMISSION NEEDS TO BE REBUILT!! The shifter assembly has been rebuilt and is in perfect operating order, and is the original shifter with the round shaft, instead of the flat one used in previous years. comes with the original black shift knob and a new Hurst "T" handle. The shift boot is used, but still decent, and comes with the very hard to find plastic trim plate for mounting with console. The flywheel is in excellent condition, and the ring gear is new. Also included is all of the linkage, including the lock out rod, bell housing, rear mounting bracket, clutch fork, pressure plate and disc. all in excellent condition. $1800.00 or best offer.
Sent you a PM

I'm pretty sure this is the toploader I just rebuilt.

IMG_1520_zpsaf97fd4c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure this is the toploader I just rebuilt.

IMG_1520_zpsaf97fd4c.jpg
Looks great! If it's going in to a 70 Mustang, that's it!

Yes. He said was already installed. He also gave me the z-bar and frame mount as a bit of extra payment. Apparently he was very satisfied for everything I did for him.

Yes. He said was already installed. He also gave me the z-bar and frame mount as a bit of extra payment. Apparently he was very satisfied for everything I did for him.
Small world. He and his wife are very nice. I really enjoyed dealing with them (Lost my ass on shipping, LOL!).

Back